ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Subs? do i bother

Black 182
Want better audio out my 182. Do i bother Changing my head unit so i can wire up a sub, or do i just ugrade the standard speakers and leave standard headunit in????

Yozza'd Titanium 182
Get the sub, ive just spent 2 hours putting all my wires perfectly into place, looks really tidy, i would take pics but all my wires are hidden so it would be pointless. lol

BMW M4; S1000 RR
Decent headunit makes a big difference to sound quality. A sub with standard speakers lets you take the strain of bass away from the OE speakers, letting you go louder without distortion.

I'd say from personal experience on a budget and not being an audiophile.

Get a good headunit first (I got an Alpine CDA9812 - can be aquired for less than £200 new)

Then get a cheap sub (£60-100)

If you want to go further, get a good set of components and perhaps add an amp. (£200+)

Then upgrade your sub. (£200+)

Clio
Buy a Sub, a 4 channel amp, components and a new headunit.

Music sounds really crap without a sub to me now.

Black 182
Yeah i got subs and everything, does the stanard headunit come out easy??? whats the best route to take the cables??? also how do i get power cable from engine bay????

Also i noticed that the 182 boot floor panel is naff and thin, will this virbrate and make bad noise if i do???

172 cup
power cable through same hole as bonnet release cable behinde glove box. Head unit comes out piece of piss. Will need an extra adaptor if you still want to use stalk controls

172 cup
theres a very helpful audio man on here who can supply them MT AUDIO is his user name, drop him a pm