ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Sudden Bursts Of Power

Hi all,

This isn't a problem as such, it's just a matter of curiosity...

When driving today on a 130 mile trip, twice in the trip when i'm just feathering the throttle (saving fuel) around 60 mph in 5th, i'd get a burst of power out of no where. I'm 99.9% sure i didn't move my foot on the loud pedal and it was a good burst, enough to know i'd have moved my foot.

I'm not sure what it was, anyone have an idea?

Thanks.

Edit: This is a 172 by the way.

Last edited:
  Inferno 225 cup
Renault installed a boost activation switch I certain 172, so every so often when normal driving it gives a burst of power to keep the internals in check.

I'm below 5,000 revs so i've not hit the ''vvt'' or whatever renault version is, it's a very fast and when i let off the throttle and re apply it's back to normal.

Knuckles

ClioSport Admin
could be the cold map?

i know 197/200s are terrible when cold, they have an annoying flat spot anyway and when the cold map is in place theyre limited in power so it could be that on yours?

60 in 5th is where the power really comes in ime, it's around what 3K?

Nah it's around 2,500 I think.. I don't think it's a misfire either. it's almost as if it's cleared some bad fuel or something, I really don't know. I very much doubt it's something to be worried about, like I said it's just a matter of curiosity...