ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Suitable?

Clio 172 ff
RENAULT
CLIO 172 AND 182 2.0 16v ALL MODELS 1999 ONWARDS >>>
This revolutionary plug features 4 ground electrodes so the spark can 'select' the best ignition path. This delivers optimised acceleration, more starting power and ultimate engine performance!!

Bosch are used to making improvements in design, but this is a revolutionary breakthrough that is totally unique.
The Super-4s outperforms conventional spark plugs in every situation. It uses state-of-the-art 'surface-air-gap' technology, and features four thin ground electrodes with one pointed, silver-plated centre electrode. This enables the ignition spark to choose the best path for reliable ignition, and according to the load placed on the engine.
The Advantages:
  • Increased acceleration
  • Less chance of misfiring
  • Better cold start performance
  • Increased engine efficiency

Lionel Richie
shite, do not use anything other than NGK PFR6E-10

from renault they're £13 each, but they can be had for under £40 a set

Clio 172 ph2 + 990SM
i had the bosch quad sparks in my mk1 ibiza and it ran sweet. put them in my clio and the end bit that the HT lead grips onto became detached from the rest of the sparkplug - cue wild flailing of ht lead! had to replace them with the bosch iridium and theyre doin the job so far

As said the point in 4 electrodes is beyond me. I dont see any reason why they wouldnt work but I would rather use old NGKs than them.

BMW M135i
They're not much more expensive from halfrauds, i've used them before in a pinch not a lot of difference really. Although it did seem to run slightly better on the proper NGKs but that may be the placebo effect.

LY 182
i just got bosch as they were cheap and happened to be what my parts supplier brought down.

been in it 500 miles so far (since engine was installed) and its still tickedyboo.

fail to see why its ngk or die

seen so many people say it but no one back it up

not saying its wrong, just that untill i'm proved otherwise either by my own car developing a fault or another explanation im not sold

i just got bosch as they were cheap and happened to be what my parts supplier brought down.

been in it 500 miles so far (since engine was installed) and its still tickedyboo.

fail to see why its ngk or die

seen so many people say it but no one back it up

not saying its wrong, just that untill i'm proved otherwise either by my own car developing a fault or another explanation im not sold

Did you use the bosch "super 4s" or just the single electrode ones?

Its not a spark plug do or die thing, the car wont develop fault, nor will it fail to run. You could stick any roughly similar plug in there and it will run.

But when people worry about the fuel they use and the ambient air temp, using the most suitable and efficient plug is just a good idea.