ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Sun roof leak

With all the cold weather and frost the sunroof on my GF clio is leaking. is it worth getting it fixed or should I wait for waremer weather? Anything temp I can do? The wet patch is behind the passenger sun visor.

1.4 clio & ctr ep3
ye mines the same, i had it re-sealed but its still leaking!!! arg! anyone know what the problem is??

Bus w**ker
S
e
a
r
c
h

lol

I'll guess it's a Mk1, so replace the rubber at the base of the aerial and then either replace the full sunroof seal or bodge it with silicone.

RB 200 Cup!
my old dynamique sunroof leaked

guy i know who works at reno said they are expensive to get re-sealed.

so i traded it in ;)

Daniel

ClioSport Moderator
  Whichever has fuel
New sunrof frames are mega money.

For the winter, just tape it up with the wide carpet tape and look for a fix in the new year. f**k pissing about with all that in this weather.

(Hi x)

Burg 172-Charge Ti Duster
Mine did the same on my current mk1, and my neighbours does on his mk2.

I sealed mine shut neatly with some silicone

I took the headlining out to see if any bolts/clips were loose too as water was running in like a tap! and low and behold, all 10 of them had about 3-7 threads showing! tightened them up (slicing hands open on the unfinished plastic) and so far so good, NO WATER!!!!

Did the above about 3 months ago.

Happy Winter Motoring FTW!

Adam

Perhaps if I just paint the car swap the plates chnage the engine, gearbox, susspension, interior and wheels over between the two cars I could get it done under warrenty :)

1.4 clio & ctr ep3
mine is a 53 plate. the ebay advert is good but nt sure weather i cn b ar**d. cheers guys

F56 MINI Cooper S
mine was leaking like a siv, took it into renault last thursday and got it done. As said it is expensive, cost me £119 but it has stopped it leaking and saves it going mouldy on the inside of the roof...