ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Sun strip question regarding the sensor?

Doogalman

ClioSport Club Member
  Clio 172 sport
Would I be right in thinking that if I fit a sun strip on my car that if I don’t cut out for the sensor, the only thing it will affect is the wipers when on intermittant setting?

Doogalman

ClioSport Club Member
  Clio 172 sport
There should be. Pretty sure you don’t get one without the other on Clio’s.
Cant say I've noticed any auto light!. There's no auto setting on the light switch so I'm going by that as cars I've driven previously have a setting of auto you can switch the light switch to. Go me thinking now?

Matt Cup

ClioSport Club Member
  Leon Cupra
Cant say I've noticed any auto light!. There's no auto setting on the light switch so I'm going by that as cars I've driven previously have a setting of auto you can switch the light switch to. Go me thinking now?

TBH I cannot remember fully myself. AND considering mines practically UN spec I can’t even check for you.

Doogalman

ClioSport Club Member
  Clio 172 sport
TBH I cannot remember fully myself. AND considering mines practically UN spec I can’t even check for you.
I'll check it out. If there is an auto light then maybe I will cut out around the sensor to keep it enabled. The auto wiper sensor seems a bit random at times with it wiping at full chat when just a random swipe would suffice.

Ol’ Tarby

ClioSport Moderator
  Clio 220 Trophy
There's no auto "setting" on the stalk. You activate/deactivate them by turning the lights on and off twice in quick succession. Usually confirmed by a beep