ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Sun Visor Lights

Add me 2 ur PS3 - Lylak
Lo all,

Today I became the proud owner of a flame red mk2 ph2 Clio 172.

I've got the car home and since having it I've noticed the lights in the sun visor mirror do not work. Why could this be?

Any suggestions? Anyone had this problem before?

Add me 2 ur PS3 - Lylak
I think the engine was running at the time but I'll check. Anyone know what fuses to check? Where abouts is the fuse box?

I think the engine was running at the time but I'll check. Anyone know what fuses to check? Where abouts is the fuse box?

Passenger side. Open the door and its on the dash. Cant miss it.

Otherwise check the manual.

Is this the flamer you went to see, but someone else had already put a deposit down?

Renault Sport Clio 172

Is this the flamer you went to see, but someone else had already put a deposit down?

Sorry to kind of Hijack but anyone know what the fuesbox is for under the hood by the battery??

Add me 2 ur PS3 - Lylak

No it's a different one. This one was the same price but is a lower mileage and not a mark on it. I'll take some pics at the weekend and put a thread up.

Cheers for the advice. I've got no idea what I'm looking for, will it all be labelled?

Megane 225

No it's a different one. This one was the same price but is a lower mileage and not a mark on it. I'll take some pics at the weekend and put a thread up.

Cheers for the advice. I've got no idea what I'm looking for, will it all be labelled?

Yep, there are symbols for all the fuses on the reverse of the fuse box cover. Not sure which 1 it is tho. Jus check they're all sound and not blown. The fuse for the mirror lights is probably linked to other devices as well.

Megane 225

Sorry to kind of Hijack but anyone know what the fuesbox is for under the hood by the battery??

Blower, abs, stuff like that. Basically for anything electrical in the engine bay. Also has most of the relays in it.

A4 DTM/iceberg cup
didnt realise any clios had these! cup owner in the dark again

.............. oh well just another thing that can't break i guess lol

Clio & Mitsu ASX
Oh and check with your lights on also. I've noticed that the light of the glovebox doesn't work when the lights are off, so it could be that it's the same deal with those visor lights.

Megane 225
Oh and check with your lights on also. I've noticed that the light of the glovebox doesn't work when the lights are off, so it could be that it's the same deal with those visor lights.

The sun visors work independantly of the lights. Well they do on mine anyway, but who knows with renaults! Haha!

BMW M135i
First thing is to check the bulbs aren't popped and see if 12v is getting up there. I'm assuming they both don't work? Passenger and drivers side?

BMW M135i
Goes through fuse number 7 and the plug for them is in the dashboard and caters for the courtesy lights and climate control temp sensor. Its behind the airbag if you take the dash top off.

F7 is a radio symbol and caters for the lights and various other things so I doubt its that, check the bulbs first then check for 12v like I said before you go ripping trim off looking for a wiring fault that might not be there.

Add me 2 ur PS3 - Lylak
It's deffo not the fuse then.

Could it be connected with another issue I have where the radio doesn't come on with the ignition, and doesn't turn off with the ignition either??

BMW M135i
Might be the fuse then, the radio has several feeds to it. If the rear screen heater doesn't work then its the fuse as it feeds that too.

Add me 2 ur PS3 - Lylak
Might be the fuse then, the radio has several feeds to it. If the rear screen heater doesn't work then its the fuse as it feeds that too.

It was frosty this morning so used the rear screen heater and that works perfectly.

It looks like the sun visor mirror clips off, is it easy to do?