ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Sunday detail

Sunglasses_Ron

ClioSport Admin
Today I set about giving the car a bit of a clean.

I'm no expert when it comes to detailing but after seeking advice from Gally and Yellow Dave I thought I'd give it a go.

I got a megs DA for Christmas and I've been buying products bit by bit over the last few months.

So at about 9 this morning I started by washing it using poorboys super slick and suds, 2 bucket method and a megs mitt.

I then used clay which is something I've never used before. It went well I'm pleased to say lol

Then, armed with some prima amigo I set to work with my shiny new DA. Again this was a first for me but it seemed fairly simple and the results were immediately noticeable.

Then it was time for the Auto Glym HD wax. I found this went on nicely and after leaving it to cure for 15 minutes it buffed off really easily.

Lastly some Megs endurance tyre shine and some Auto Finesse revive on all the trims and Roberts your mothers brother.

I'm really sorry about the pics, they were taken on my iPhone as I don't have a decent camera.

View attachment 92889

View attachment 92890

View attachment 92891

View attachment 92892

Focus ST-3
Looking good mate, today was my first go with a DA as well! Went pretty well I'm glad to say, was a bit nervous at first though! I'll try and get a few pics when I can be arsed to move again! Hard work all that buffing!!

Gally

Formerly Mashed up egg in a cup
ClioSport Club Member
Awesome mate. Really glad you seen the benefits. It'll now be so easy to look after. :)

Mr R.

ClioSport Club Member
  A special one.
Cheers Dan. It certainly was hard work but like you say it was rewarding.

More than welcome to pop over one weekend and use the DA if you want mate :)

Thank you for the offer, i might have to take you up on that one day.

Scott

The Chubby Pirate

ClioSport Club Member
  Golf R
I really don't understand why people generally don't like arctic paint. I know alot of them were press cars hence why there are more of them but i genuinley think its one of the better colours!

Clart

ClioSport Club Member
Snap!

8483268556_6dfb3c0170_b.jpg

Its certainly a common colour, but its one of the best IMO.

Sunglasses_Ron

ClioSport Admin
I love LY but my first choice was arctic. I've always loved blue cars.

Monaco blue is awesome too. Shame they didn't do the 182 in it.

Daniel

ClioSport Moderator
  Whichever has fuel
Looking lovely Ron dave!

Forgive me for saying, but your tyre dressing seems a bit poo? Or do you prefer it dull?

Sunglasses_Ron

ClioSport Admin
Looking lovely Ron dave!

Forgive me for saying, but your tyre dressing seems a bit poo? Or do you prefer it dull?

Cheers Dan.

The tyre dressing is megs endurance and I find that if you don't wipe the excess off it goes everywhere when you drive. It may be ok of it's given more time to dry?

Always open to suggestions for a better product?

Daniel

ClioSport Moderator
  Whichever has fuel
I just love glossy black tyres so I paste the tyre shine on! lol.

Daniel

ClioSport Moderator
  Whichever has fuel
I get through 5L of tyre shine a week mate so I buy cheap stuff from my local guy. (Trafalgar)

Whenever I do the car (properly, like you have) I never drive it straight after, so it gets a good 12 hours to soak in/run off/evaporate etc.

It's never worried me put it that way.

Adamm.

ClioSport Club Member
I really don't understand why people generally don't like arctic paint. I know alot of them were press cars hence why there are more of them but i genuinley think its one of the better colours!

This I love arctic blue tbh.

Car looks spot on mate, good job.

Clio 197
Looking sweet!

Hoping to use my da pretty soon too, as for the megs endurance - if you wanted you can apply more than one coating :)

Rob

ClioSport Moderator
Looking lovely RDR, but your photos are appalling. I'd have taken some for you gladly but I was busy building a stud wall :banghead:

Gimmie a shout next time and I'll definitely be there.

How long did it all take you out of curiosity?