ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Sunday evening hoon in the LOLf

Jason_E

ClioSport Club Member
  Elise, 530d
Sunday is hoon day. And Citreon Berlingo's getting in my f**king way, day.

12570557185_ccb5af5799_z.jpg

Great roads. by Jason.Easton, on Flickr

12570668493_f9011b0c86_z.jpg

Golf again. by Jason.Easton, on Flickr

12570555235_d398b5f966_z.jpg

Golf by Jason.Easton, on Flickr

12570667013_e1c77747e5_z.jpg

Golf by Jason.Easton, on Flickr

12570666533_76dedd9d55_z.jpg

The Lolf. by Jason.Easton, on Flickr

And all the threads about MK5 GTI's I keep seeing of "Looking at these" or "Tempted by" just buy one. For the price you can get them now, there isn't a better all-rounder.

Whats the going rate for a good mk5 gti's now day's? Also is it worth more stretching to an ed30?

Nice pics though, not a clue what LOLf is mind.

Jason_E

ClioSport Club Member
  Elise, 530d
Its like a Golf but funnier.

You can stretch to an Ed30 if you see fit. I didn't bother myself, as this has all the toys I want/need. I wouldn't pay under £5k for one, low miles and decent history is a must. The 18's tend to be a bit w**k, these wear better (and look better imo).

Ah see what you did there lol! I do like the all the pro's about the mk5 gti, i have a 9n3 gti at the moment and i can imagine the golf will tick nearly all the boxes.

I just keep thinking that i'll get bored of it like i have the polo as it's just bland to me it doesn't have the 'fun-ness' of my old clio RS's or EK9 for that matter but better in every other way like quality, reliability, and subtlety it's much better. For the rare opportunities when i get to have a good hoon i can't help but want another RS clio or go for a DC5 or similar.

Jason_E

ClioSport Club Member
  Elise, 530d
I've had a few cars as you know, one of them being an MX5. As far as going for a blast, the Golf is a completely different kind of fun, but I wouldn't say it was much less fun. Having a turbo makes it very easy to drive fast. There's enough give in the chassis that you can swing it around on three wheels, or let the back end step out to guide you around tight bends. At first it felt quite big (Then again, I had stepped out of an MX5 into it) but once I got used to the way to drive it, I havent looked back.

I do often look at other cars, but once you've owned it you cant really justify getting rid. It doesnt just tick all the boxes, it ticks them well. Theres no situation it feels uncomfortable.

Alfa GT Cloverleaf
thought about BCs? they are supposed to be awesome and will be less expensive! I'm just going for some sport lines I think, try to keep some comfort lol

TTRS & V50
Whats the going rate for a good mk5 gti's now day's? Also is it worth more stretching to an ed30?

Nice pics though, not a clue what LOLf is mind.

Stretch. Superior bumpers, superior side skirts, superior alloys, superior seats and superior turbo.

If you don't stretch don't get the 18's ffs.

RDH

ClioSport Club Member
I actually wouldn't stretch. It just isn't worth the premium over a standard GTi.

Snotter's
ed30 without a doubt, you can do so much more with the engine for peanuts and they hold their money better.