ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Sunflower blooming

mgoode180566

ClioSport Club Member
  172 Sunflower
What’s next after the sills are back on, is there more you want to do to it?
Im addressing the bodywork. Tried to find a couple of new wings but impossible, discontinued items. Bought a plastex kit and got into fixing some minor damage, may take them to get repainted in the next few days. Have been lucky to find a really good bonnet in yellow which has no stone chips in it, very lucky, so much better than the one fitted to the car currently. Need to get the dent man out and sort the driver door and the passenger rear quarter, shoud be simple enough.

Need to get the sideskirts back on for the finished look.

Started to develop a damp smell this week, had all the scuttle out and found a minor leak where the pipe that supplies water to the rear window passes through the bulkhead. Passenger footwell was full of water, all sorted now with bi carb deodourising it.

I have been spending time diagnosing the rattles and creaks, most have gone now and it drives so nicely. Changing driveshaft made a massive improvement. I do have a rattly cat where it has broken apart inside, im wondering if i can take it off and shake the loose material out.

Fitted a new radiator pack and fan, car is currently filled with straight water, need to get that dropped before the frost gets it.

All in all going well but spending far too much time on it really :oops:......i need to find a new job !

Lots of new bits for it then!! It’s good to have a bit of time to get the car sorted, I seem to be working all the time and barely get a chance to do anything on mine.

I was lucky enough to get a couple of wings from an exclusive a while ago but let me know how you get on with the plastex as I’d rather not fit and repaint wings if I can help it but I also got an ally bonnet in silver so maybe worth doing the whole front end at once.

Worth checking all along the rear window washer pipe if you haven’t as they can develop holes and leak.

Not sure about the cat - if it’s the original item and rattly inside it probably means the elements that do the filtering have disintegrated.