ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Sunroof and C/L Receiver

Right, as we all know Valvers leak - badly. Mine, leaks like a Jack russel puppy, after drinking a pint of stella in a house it doesnt know - with no nappy.

Basically, because so much water has entered the centre roof console over the past couple of months, the motor (or switch) for my sunroof no longer works. Also the central locking receiver works- but not from outside the car. I have to put the key right up to the receiver and press the button before it will work!

Any ideas on how to rectify these problems - obviously the most major one is the central locking receiver coz without that- my engine immobiliser wont dissengage and i will be walking everywhere (walking sux). Muchos Thankios. :D

Ah yes, but if i had a new central locking receiver i would have to get the key recoded - also, i need to fix the leak otherwise the new centre console i get will be just as broke after a couple of down poors!

Focus ST

Ditto, my central locking reciever also has stopped working due to a water leak......HELP!

Lucas - just spoke to Renault - £31 for the new receiver for the central locking - key doesnt need ot be recoded as its in the actual unit that gets coded to your key. Plus labout - about £70 quid. Although without having to decode the unit, you could easily fit the receiver yourself. As for the sunroof - the guy said that renault had recognised the problem and now charges £192 for a new seal!!!!!!!! Then labour to fit it! WTF!

172 cup,s2 rs turbo

where did they get £192 for a new seal from. the frame seal we use for new sunroof frames is about £35 and could be used on the older frames.

I have a brand new reciever for sale if you want it. £15, which is less than half price. Your key doesnt need re-programming if you just change the reciever. I bought it when i had my RT but needed the whole imobiliser system fixing now the reciever and never got round to taking it back.

PM me if you want it.

Phil