ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

supaguard - worth it?

e60 M5 -172- dciheid
been offered it on the new clio.

deal includes all paint, glass and interior £220.

anyone had it? comments?

Daniel

ClioSport Moderator
  Whichever has fuel
you can buy it off Ebay for £5...

Make your own mind up.

Less
I was also asked this morning if I would like this paint protector on my R27. £199 was the price

I had it on mine on mine from new its not what they make it out to be cost £250 when i had mine done still polish it though it might of helped but who knows i was told no need to polish it for 3 year YEAH RIGHT that's b****cks

Trophy Turbo :)
Vardys ( evan hallshal) give the sames men £50 if they sell it as i had a job interview there a few years back.

The lad round the corner works for Oatys Nissan he says it s**t too and worth off just buying a good wax LOL

Mito Sportiva 135
In short: NOOOO!

Worked in a dealership and I know what a ridiculous margin they make on it, which you wouldn't mind so much if it was actually that good. It doesn't last as long as they claim and doesn't look all that either.

Head over to the detailing forum for some recommendations mate if you are up for imrpoving the look of your car or just protection - many better (and cheaper) alternatives.

Same goes for Diamond Brite. Some people rave about Perma Guard but no experience of that myself.

For £200 you can get a machine polish to remove all paint defects, a decent sealant and wax which will look better and form a good base for you to keep your car looking good.

197 Albi Blue
i had it done to my clio when i bought it, was £50 cause i told the dealer rather quickly to f**k off when he said £200.

53 Clio's & counting
i buy it in @ work for 54 quid a set,so yeah there is a large margin in it but i dont think its too bad

5 GTT & Orb'd Trophy
have it on mine, if it's applied well and you can't spend a lot of time cleaning your car it's ok and it will save you a lot of elbow grease but it will not last 3 years, mine has been on for about 20 months and i think it's coming to the end of it's life. I will soon be taking mine for a "proper" detail and asking lots of daft questions on here.

Clio MK2 (1.2)
Not worth it, mum had it on her new corsa, (red) bonnet and roof has faided and they are refusing to do it again.. not worth it imo, just do it yourself..

Not got a car
Im happy with mine, so easy to clean and always left with a nice shine after washing it and even better after a good wax.

Superguard and collenite

PICT0249.gif

VW ....
Vardys ( evan hallshal) give the sames men £50 if they sell it as i had a job interview there a few years back.

The lad round the corner works for Oatys Nissan he says it s**t too and worth off just buying a good wax LOL

that was in the good days before Vardy's were overtaken by Evans Halshaw .... you certainly don't get £50 for it now !

Anyways .... i would use this as a bargaining tool & ask them to throw it in for free to get a deal IMO ... but certainly don't pay for it !

Mito Sportiva 135
The fact that you say Superguard and Collinites soeaks volumes... they claim it is an all in one system...

Im happy with mine, so easy to clean and always left with a nice shine after washing it and even better after a good wax.

Superguard and collenite

PICT0249.gif

Saab 93 Aero Wagon
If you insist on spending that kind of money on a "lifetime" paintwork protection then ignore Supagaurd, most definitely ignore Diamondbrite and look into Autoglym Lifeshine.

But at the end of the day, as Rich said, just stick to decent polishing and sealants and you'll be better off.

e60 M5 -172- dciheid
ok fine thats it settled as i have loads of chemical guys stuff and will just utilise that next weekend me thinks as its for my new chariot

106 GTi
Not found a Chemical Guys Sealant that lasts as long as Autoglym Extra Gloss Protection or Klasse SG. They get my vote if your looking for long term protection.

172 ph1 ASBO SLAYER
when me and eka bought her clio they offered it to us for £199. i offered to sell him the exact save stuff in the same bag for £35 he went a bit pink!

Mito Sportiva 135
AG EGP is good, but just find it takes too long to layer up if you don't have a garage, risk of it raining etc. For me the Jeffs is ideal - great durability, high gloss and quick to get a few layers on, I only leave it to cure for bout 10 minutes or so on each panel.

1999 Clio Alize
its like any thing really if you dont know what your doing with something your going to pay someone else who does. Supaguard is good stuff and definatly does the job, I work as a valeter at a car dealership and use it bout 3 times a week of new cars. It takes a bit of time to apply but the results are good, both cars ive owed ive supaguarded my self and am well impressed with the finish. Ppl are right you can get it off ebay for cheap and do it your self but it wont be as good unless your confident with doing it and taking your time. but anyways thts my advice to ya lol

Liam

clio 16v
my mates works for carcraft and perrys and all the valiters take the supper gard home and just use autoglym and no 1 ever nos so be were also the sales men no this and they take some as well

riz

ClioSport Club Member
  Jaguar XFR
my mates works for carcraft and perrys and all the valiters take the supper gard home and just use autoglym and no 1 ever nos so be were also the sales men no this and they take some as well

sorry i dont understand this?

Mk2 Clio dci
we used to use superguard at our dealership but it were crap, so we use guard X now, which is pretty good.