ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

superchip for dci 100 clio!

Just checked superchips site they now do chips for dci 100 it takes the power up to 118bhp not bad if you ask me wonder what performance stats would be like?

Whats the torque? How much does the DCI weigh? Id expect it would be suprisingly quick..a decent real world car for Clio enthusiasts!

-Rob

The problem IMO with the 100 is the price its 182 money often.

Im suprised they didnt get more.

Torque is probably gearbox limited since its the JC5 box and stock the 100 torque is limited to 200NM (maybe to ensure it isnt better than the 182?) Still Id guess the remap makes~ 176Lb torque which is a fair shove for a lightish car the VRS weight close to 30% more I think so wopuld need 30% more torque.

dieseltec or dastec or both do chips and remaps. someone i know had a dci65 and it was mapped to around 90bhp with a huge increase in torque

Quote: Originally posted by hoe261 on 16 December 2004

do they do chips for the dci65 as a mate of mine has one? would have thought so as same engine etc
Yep the 65/80 and 100 share the same bits the 80 and 65 are very very similar just diffferent turbos, injecotors. different ECU mapping an an intercooler on the 80. The 100 has quite a few more uprated/ changed bits.

The 65 get about 70hp in real life a remap will see about 85hp (there rollers slightly over read IMO)

You have to love turbos for gains try get an extra 20% out of a petrol for the same money.

Superchip have an excellent warently service thought.

Quote: Originally posted by Pete on 16 December 2004

dastek! ;)
Why on earth would you want a uni chip a diesel?

Unichip did try messing with a TDi Golf and had a mess around, but diesels dont work like petrols so they had it smoking on the first fiddle and I think they gave up diesel are better to be remaped than aftermarket boxes being added.

RB182cup&golf gti

i used to own a 420gsdi rover :oops: which was a 105bhp standard and the superchip which i think was about £500 would have taken it to 130bhp - all about low end torque with the diesels though - massive torque increase as well if i remember rightly

Quote: Originally posted by hoe261 on 16 December 2004

and how much would the chip be for the extra ~15bhp?
£511 from most dealerships.

Cliosport members get 5% off if you go to the main place down south (Id go there regarless anyway as they know what to do some suppliers dont).

fastest passat in't world

Can you not get a tuning box for about half that price? Im sure I saw something on ebay recently that looked OK and was about £200.

Quote: Originally posted by unikarl on 16 December 2004

Can you not get a tuning box for about half that price? Im sure I saw something on ebay recently that looked OK and was about £200.
Yep tunning boxes are another tunning option they extend the fuel injection later into the cycled but can do nothing else.

Usually proper tunning boxes cost about £250~£450.

Anything cheaper is often just a resister whch fools the computer to think the fuel is hot therefore less dense so the ecu injects more fuel than it would if it knew the proper temperature so you get more power. This isnt ideal as it can lead to loads of black smoke but its an option. You can make this type of tunning box for a few pence all you need is a resister.

Is this for your Leon? if so the resiter trick is a common one have a serahc on the Golf forums and there boud to have a stickly on it saying the values they recomend before you get black smoke etc.

Quote: Originally posted by Jim172CUP on 16 December 2004

does it effect economy?
It depends most people with remaps say they use the power like mad for the first few miles and loose a few mpg then it goes back to normal sometimes it gets better particualy if they do long distance driving.

Tunning boxes arnt quite as efficient but you shouldnt get much less mpg maybe 1 mpg lower but it all depends. Tunning gives you more power hence naturally the potential to get better MPG as you can keep the engines peak torque longer and also the ability to jump gear. But it also gives you option to burn more.

DCI100
Just have it remapped at a well known place with proven rollers. 300 quid or there abouts and youll see the same gains if not better x

DCI100
Didn't realise .... Dohhh ! It came up in related threads at the.bottom and I'm on my phone so didn't even think.

Threads over a certain age should be locked I think.

Sorry guys