ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

superchip

i considering getting a superchip for my cup and have been told you get 190bhp after, will it affect my warrenty, and does anyone know where i can get it done close to the bexleyheath area cos i dont wanna take it to sanspeed

Clio Dci

190 bhp from a superchip is a joke mate

i have one on my cup and i have only got 153 bhp at the wheels (183ish) and that was with a zorst and green panel too.

it certainly made a difference in drivabillity as i pulls harder from lower revs.

as for warrenty i would say anything you do to the car would be frowned upon by renault.

Suzuki SV1000S

Mate if you go to Powerengineering then they will remap the ECU for you for about £280 so renault will never know, warranty wise.

Also they reckon they can get 12-15bhp extra on a standard 172 engine

They are based in north london though, but only 2 mins from the northern end of M25 and a few of us are considering doing a group discount so let me know if your interested as I need to know numbers

http://forum.cliosport.net/display_topic_threads.asp?ForumID=6&TopicID=75825&PagePosition=1&ThreadPage=1http://forum.cliosport.net/display_topic_threads.asp?ForumID=6&TopicID=75825&PagePosition=1&ThreadPage=1

A superchip will give you at best 12hp no more and more likly 5~8hp.

12hp is about the best you can get remapping wise and thats using an exteral ecu ie uni chip type thing.

Renault will be able to tell that the car has been remaped but dealers arnt going to check only problem is they may overwrite the files when/ if they update the ECU.

Suzuki SV1000S

Most places will offer to flash the details back on though mate, in the unlikely even of renault clear it.

Clio 197

Okay guys, what is the real story here? A group N ECU which is plug and play costs less than the remap. The stock unit can be put back should the car need to go in for a service os warranty work, cant it?

Has anyone done a comparison of all the various options avaiable?

Nippy white cup

I have the Group N (Rsport ECU) and it doesnt add much power at all....but the difference when driving is noticable. Would recommend this to anyone at the price they are going for.

Chris

BMW e46 320 Ci Sport

so is the superchip another chip remmaped to increase performance then? sounds like the powerenginnering option is more advisable remapping ur current chip optimally. doesnt this have problems with idling and can u do it to a 1.6?

Rich-D

ClioSport Club Member
  E90 LCI 330d

Quote: Originally posted by JC172 Cup on 17 March 2004

i considering getting a superchip for my cup and have been told you get 190bhp after
You have been misinformed then... :cry:

Rich-D

ClioSport Club Member
  E90 LCI 330d

Quote: Originally posted by Chris nnic on 18 March 2004

I have the Group N (Rsport ECU) and it doesnt add much power at all....but the difference when driving is noticable. Would recommend this to anyone at the price they are going for.
Plus Chris has also had his Cup Superchipped in the past, but had it removed and went for the R-Sport ECU instead...

Suzuki SV1000S

One of the main reason I like the PE remap is That it does give you bad idling and they have experience with the 172 remap, the minimum gain they have eperienced is 12bhp on a standard 172

BMW e46 320 Ci Sport

Quote: Originally posted by George16v on 18 March 2004

One of the main reason I like the PE remap is That it does give you bad idling and they have experience with the 172 remap, the minimum gain they have eperienced is 12bhp on a standard 172
how is this good? surely u want ur car to idle nicely.

Suzuki SV1000S

Well that is what I have read on here alot of times, and that is what has put me off buying it, otherwise I would get the one from hillpower.

Suzuki SV1000S

Oh, now what do I do! R you sure your not the only one without idle probs mate.

So you had a superchip before, Why did you change and was it a superchip REMAP or a new chip?

Superchips are remaps of standard ECU; the guy in the garage connects a wire to your cars diagnostic port (near the gearstickk somewhere) and "flashes" the new settings into the ECUs memory. They can be reflashed with original settings just as easily.

Ive had mine done, and its OK; pulls harder lower down, feels slightly more breathless after about 6500rpm than it did with original ECU settings, so consequently theres little point revving the nuts off it. I dont reckon its given me anything like 12bhp, probably more like 2 or 3 to be honest, but torque-wise it feels 10-12 lb ft stronger between 3500 and 5000 - it now pulls at those revs like my VR6 used to.

I refuse to get my car "re-flashed" Christ give me the Hex file and i could do it in 5mins!!

Its a joke how much they charge (presumable to cover their backs if they mess up?)