ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Suspension set up questions ......

Phase1 172
Hello guys , right I'd like to ask a few questions regarding suspension geo stuff , so basically I drove Bedford gt a fortnight ago in my 172 phase 1 , standard bar eibach sport line springs , I was getting a lot of body roll , a lot of bouncing from the front end mid corner . Seemed as if the track tyres I bought prior weren't being used as efficiently as there was so much movement , body roll etc ..... Am I right in thinking the mid corner bouncing was under damping ? Eibach s to stiff for the standard shocks ? Maybe the extra grip and load from the tyres were upsetting the spring rates ? Not sure to be honest ????

So I decided I wanted to lower the car on coilovers , I didn't have a huge budget so I sourced a cheap set from the for sale section , consisting of kw variant 1's up front and gaz rears .. I basically got the best I could on my small budget ...

So now I've put them on and the cars significantly lower and stiffer , but what is the rule of thumb with lowering a track car ? As low as possible for centre of gravity ? I genuinely don't know .. Should the car sit level or is a nose down stance better ?

Initial impressions are the car grips well but the lift off has been dialled out now , not sure if that's normal with coilovers , as the weight shifting has been reduced ? Again not to sure ... Finally I decided to run a bit of front camber as its built in on the kw's , but now it feels as if the abs is activating earlier than before , again is that usually the case with running camber ? Less tyre surface on the road etc ..

Any constructive info or advice would be great guys ,many thanks jonny . Can post a pic of the car if it helps ..