ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Swap the V6...................

Quote: Originally posted by Funkyjahooner on 13 June 2004

I would take a 182 and £12k any day of the week.

I would NEVER spend that much on a Clio ;)

Yeah but if you already had a V6 255 then I doubt very much you would swap it for a 182 :)

There does seem to be a lot of V6 envy on these forums???

Simon.

NOOOOO WAY!! Not after what Clarkson said.. Cheap, Poor build , Noisey and full of niggles. (ok, he said still likeable like a puppy that keeps crapping on the carpet)

The V6 was given a place in Clarksons top 10 cars. Also the build quality is 100 times better, you can now start to see the price of the V6 isnt quite as bad as you think! Thats a lot of car and built to last.

Anyway, why are we comparing a V6 to a 182, its in a different world to the V6. You could make any hot hatch light as u like by reducing build quality and say its almost as good as a better built car. But if we werent comparing it to such a superior car, it would be a fun car to have, just expect poor build.

For 14 grand its ok though, you get what you pay for.

V6 Clios are widely available now online for under 24k!! BARGAIN!

Astra VXR 17/05/07

Quote: Originally posted by shmall on 13 June 2004

Yeah but if you already had a V6 255 then I doubt very much you would swap it for a 182 :)

Simon.
Its not envy its called an opinion

I would NEVER spend that amount on a Clio

Simple as that...read it as envy if you like but i would spend V6 money on something else.Not everybody jumps through hoops at the thought of a £27K Clio.

If i wanted one id have one,i take your word that for you money is NO object for you but you choose a V6 so you have no reason to doubt i couldnt have one if i wanted one..and believe me i could if i really wanted ;)

But i prefer my 182 and a saving of £12k :D

IMO (Not envy) its not £12k better

Quote: Originally posted by Funkyjahooner on 14 June 2004

Simon.
Its not envy its called an opinion

I would NEVER spend that amount on a Clio

Simple as that...read it as envy if you like but i would spend V6 money on something else.Not everybody jumps through hoops at the thought of a £27K Clio.

If i wanted one id have one,i take your word that for you money is NO object for you but you choose a V6 so you have no reason to doubt i couldnt have one if i wanted one..and believe me i could if i really wanted ;)

But i prefer my 182 and a saving of £12k :D

IMO (Not envy) its not £12k better

Yes but you dont have a V6 255 to swop for a 182 do you?

You dont own one so can not really say whehter its worht £12k more or not can you??? ;)

If you did have a V6 255 I doubt vey much you would swop it for a 182?

Simon.

[Edited by shmall on 14 June 2004 at 12:20am]

Astra VXR 17/05/07

Duhhhh :sick:

Who in their right mind would swap a £27k car for a £14k car ??? (List prices to save confusion )

But you cant doubt id rather buy a 182 and be £12k better off..been there done that ;)

I think you are right! Perhaps if I earned more I may consider the V6 a good option. Im sure if shmall earned much more he would be looking at porsche or something similar. Surely its all relative!!!

GIVE THE GUY A BREAK!

Craig

Its only 10K MORE, and if you dont have 10k extra to spend, then you wont save 10k !! lol. The people that can easily afford the V6 dont think twice!;) Its half the car at half the price, but fair doos.

Mark 1 Clio V6

Swap the V6 for a 182...................................

That is the most ridiculous thing I have ever heard.

You can get a second hand low mileage V6 for about the same as a new 182.

In my opinion there is only one choice.

Quote: Originally posted by craig182 on 14 June 2004

I think you are right! Perhaps if I earned more I may consider the V6 a good option. Im sure if shmall earned much more he would be looking at porsche or something similar. Surely its all relative!!!

GIVE THE GUY A BREAK!

Craig

Thanks for that..:) :)

Simon.

Astra VXR 17/05/07

GIVE THE GUY A BREAK!

Craig
Sorry Craig,i could of sworn the guy claimed money was no object :confused:

Oh wait a minute...he did say that ;)

Saying things like that invites responses,based on his comment he could have ANY car,thats usually the case if money is no object.But he chose a V6 and good luck if thats his choice.But as i pointed out its not envy because we dont all share his opinion :)

GIVE THE GUY A BREAK!

Craig
Sorry Craig,i could of sworn the guy claimed money was no object :confused:

Oh wait a minute...he did say that ;)

Saying things like that invites responses,based on his comment he could have ANY car,thats usually the case if money is no object.But he chose a V6 and good luck if thats his choice.But as i pointed out its not envy because we dont all share his opinion :)

Here we go again.....The money to buy the clio was not a problem...ok???

The reason I said "V6 envy" was because you seem to get shot down on these forums for owning one????

Simon.

Astra VXR 17/05/07

Simon

May i suggest you read all of tonights comments regarding the V6 again.You will strugle to find any posts "shooting you down" for owning a V6.

Opinions and facts but nobody shooting you down for owning one. :D

You have given your opinion about the 182 so take others opinions about the V6.If you cant take it its not a good place to be.You seem to be giving your opinions without a problem so it works both ways.

Simon

May i suggest you read all of tonights comments regarding the V6 again.You will strugle to find any posts "shooting you down" for owning a V6.

Opinions and facts but nobody shooting you down for owning one. :D

You have given your opinion about the 182 so take others opinions about the V6.If you cant take it its not a good place to be.You seem to be giving your opinions without a problem so it works both ways.

OK fair point :)

Simon.

I take that as a no then??? Its just i have the Mk1 V6 and i must use it about 6 times a month?????? Mostly beacuse i worry what some little sh*ts will do to it. But if i had the 182 i wouldnt mind as much? :confused:

Cheers fot the replys