ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Swirls again

ado

ClioSport Club Member
  기아 &#4
Got the 197 back from the bodyshop. Everything looked good there but couldn't really check properly as it was pouring down with rain.

Got home and stopped raining and after 5min of comparing the front wing and bumper the respray is lighter in colour compared to the wing. Will have to talk to them next week.

While checking it also noticed that are new swirls marks all over the car. That's why I asked for it not to be washed.:mad: Only PC'd it month ago.

106 GTi
Nightmare, bet they more than washed it, more than likely rotaried the whole car to try and hide the paint match better.

ado

ClioSport Club Member
  기아 &#4
Going in later for him to take a look. Wonder should I get dannyboy's photo in black and white which shows its two tone.

He did mention that there is only one shade of paint and the plastic would be different to the rest of the car. If this is it how did it come with perfect colour match from the factory or am I missing something?

106 GTi
There will always be a slight variation of colour on plastics rather than Metal but not that much.

Showed up in the shot I took aswell

IMG_5416.jpg

Golf GTI PP Mk7
ive noticed it too, i think its impossible to get a 100% match

anthracite_turinis004.jpg

^^looks where the rear bumper meets the rear quarter panel, and thats the original paintjob!! (so far as im aware)

Milltek'd 182
i had my bumper resprayed by a mobile guy, was perfect! i have a picture at home. depends who you go to, and how good they are i suppose...

ado

ClioSport Club Member
  기아 &#4
Took it back and as soon as he saw it in the sun he did comment on the colour difference. It's going back in on the 12th to be done again.