ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Symptom of a bad clutch?

Mazda3 2.2D 185BHP
Hey

So recently I have noticed that when in 1st and already moving when I put my foot down to accelerate faster (as you do), the RPM will rise but the speed of which I'm going will not increase.
I had been presuming it was wheel spin, but on the way home today, it is dry as a bone on the road... Again no acceleration unless I'm gentle on the pedal. But more to note there is NO tyre sound that is related to wheel spin. None at all.
It also seems to happen when going over bumps on the road when still applying a heavy right foot. Jumps in the rpm but not related to jumps in speed.

Is this a sign of a bad clutch?
if it is im not too worried as i can just get it replaced but if it is i wonder how long i have till it goes.

Mazda3 2.2D 185BHP
I tried to get it to slip in higher gears and it doesn't slip. Car will stall. Only happens when pushing it hard in first