ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

T-Cut

Peddled device
Not used this for years...

My Cup needs a polish and has a lot of tar and crap marks in the lower areas.I know T-Cut would remove them but would it be wise to give the whole car a light polish with it before polishing the car?

Gaz_

ClioSport Club Member
  Extreme mode
Right, probably get slated here. If your not into car detailing, and your cars not black, Tcut, followed by some super resin polish is fine imo. There will be some marring under a spot lamp, but no worse than you have now.

Bumder With A Buffer
Cutting polish via a rotary or da polisher machine you mean?? You'll be pushed to correct them by hand if they are that bad

Static Low
Scratch x 2.0 by hand followed by a coat of super resin polish & something like extra gloss protection & a coat of wax on top turns out well !

Megane R26
Right, probably get slated here. If your not into car detailing, and your cars not black, Tcut, followed by some super resin polish is fine imo. There will be some marring under a spot lamp, but no worse than you have now.

Nope, you are right.

Used properly, it serves its purpose. It is very aggressive though, so should be used with caution.

I'd recommend paying a detailer to sort it for you instead.

Scratch x 2.0 by hand followed by a coat of super resin polish & something like extra gloss protection & a coat of wax on top turns out well !
Did that opn my old dears car, she had a light scuff on it, she asked me to go & do it. It came out nice.

Harsh stuff too! Should only be used by someone who really knows what they're doing. I'd imagine working in a bodyshop you use this all the time, its a fave of bodyshops isn't it?

Yep, use it everday. Awesome stuff when used properly, like I said if it doesn't get rid of a mark nothing else will. It's actually pretty safe as long as you use it by hand, a novice using it on a machine I wouldn't recommend though.

Daniel

ClioSport Moderator
  Whichever has fuel
Yep, use it everday. Awesome stuff when used properly, like I said if it doesn't get rid of a mark nothing else will. It's actually pretty safe as long as you use it by hand, a novice using it on a machine I wouldn't recommend though.

The first car I ever mopped (about 1999 iirc??) was a Blue Nissan Micra. I burnt through the bonnet exposing the grey primer underneath.

£100 later and It looked as good as new. (After I had the bonnet resprayed!)

Daniel

ClioSport Moderator
  Whichever has fuel
It was a customers car too. They paid me £40 to valet it.

So effectively it cost me £60 plus labour and materials to valet a car!! Tough lesson learned!

Trophy #473
must have been mega thin paint then! I use G3 on all of my finishes followed buy 3M finesse-it.