ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

T-Mobile...

CLIOpatra, L22EE W™
...ok I finally received my new MDA Vario III yesterday, after ordering it last Friday afternoon. On day of ordering I was advised that I may get the phone next day [saturday b4 1pm], or more likely on Monday.

Sat in All day Sat, plus Mon & Tues and nothing had arrived. Rang T-mobile, and an american woman advised me that there was problems in warehouse, and problems activating the new phone. I wasn't very assured about this, so rang again a few hours later. They chap I spoke to, said that my order "got stuck" in the system, and it has been reordered. Finally it got delivered yesterday. Anyway since then, I emailed T-mobile, saying this:

To whom it may concern,

I am writing you this email to express my dissatisfaction, already with T-Mobile (I haven’t even received my new phone, yet!)

On Friday 28th October, I rang thru to your telephone sales, and ordered a new contract. I choose the new Vario III, and went thru the order process on the telephone. This took around 20 minutes, and at the end of the call I was advised, that my new phone would hopefully be with me the next day which would have been on the Saturday. All day I sat in waiting for the phone on Saturday, and nothing arrived. As for Sunday, I knew that I wouldn’t get the delivery on that day. Then yesterday again I waited in ALL day for my new phone, and again, nothing arrived.

So I rang your customer services this morning, and asked them can they please tell me where my new phone is. I was on the telephone for about 20 minutes trying to get an answer from 2 different people. Finally, I was advised that there have “been problems in the warehouse” and “problems activating the new phone” For some reason I find this very hard to believe. I was then told that the phone will be dispatched tomorrow, and I should be getting it the day after. Which takes us to Thursday, nearly 1 week from point of ordering the new handset.

T-Mobile have my contact details, and I gave all this information at the point of setting up my new contract. So why couldn’t I have received a courtesy call, to explain that the delivery will be later than expected? Furthermore, T-Mobile have taken a payment of £75.97 (£69.99 for the handset, plus £5.98 for delivery). I am not being funny, but this is a joke. I was under the impression that paying nearly £6 for a delivery, that I would be getting it the next day. However it seems that I have paid £6 for a 7day delivery process. If you want my honest opinion, then I think that is disgraceful!

T-Mobile seems to be quick enough taking the money from my account. However, I am still sat here waiting, 3 days later for the delivery on my new handset, which wont possibly get to me till Thursday 4th October!

The reason why I signed up to T-Mobile, and migrated from 02, was because of recommendations from my mother, and partner. So can you please tell me what T-Mobile is going to do, in order for me not to cancel my contract, and seek a mobile contract elsewhere?

I very much look forward to your reply.

Regards,

Lee Williams

And today, I got this wonderful reply:

Good afternoon Lee

Thanks for your email about your new phone and the problems that you've experienced with delivery. I'm extremely sorry to hear about these issues and I completely agree that this is not a very good start for a new customer. This is certainly not the type of service that we strive to offer and I'm very sorry for the disappointment that we've caused you. We certainly never meant to make you feel this way.

I'm pleased to let you know that I've deleted the charge for your delivery and deleted the charge for your phone. This means that the charges of £75.97 for your phone and delivery will not be applied to your first bill. I understand that you've already made this payment, so this payment will appear as a credit on your first bill and will roll over to your second bill.

If you'd like a refund for the credit amount on your first bill, please reply to this email and I will organise a refund to your bank account for you.

Thanks again for taking the time to email me, Lee.

I hope that you'll be able to accept my sincerest apologies for the problems we've caused.

Kind regards

Rob Sampson

So there you have it. I get the delivery charge refunded, plus the cost of the Vario III refunded. All in all, got a free BRAND new Vario III handset, which currently retail @ around £600 [or so what the guy said, when I ordered the phone on that Friday!]

Now that is what you call customer service :D

Tom

ClioSport Club Member
  EV (s)
i will give you £150 for the phone if you dont want it?

Der Panzer
I'd have given you f**k all as you used thru instead of proper English.

No speaky english, no getty f**k all.

I used to be a high level complaints manager for BT Openworld as well. :approve:

CLIOpatra, L22EE W™
I don't really need to use proper english in order for me to get my complaint across.

Tom, as for your offer... Thanks but not thanks! I didn't say I was selling the phone. I love it too much!

KDF

Audi TT Stronic
I'm with t-mobile and would have to say the customer service has be 100%. There attitude towards there customers and in my case their attention to detail has been spot on.

Before that I was with vodafone, and while they weren't that bad T-mobile has been perfect.