ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Tail Light question

Renault Clio MK1 1.4RT
Okay ive just bought some new lexus lights for my car, probably easy question but how do i take the old ones out and fit the new ones in?

x

Carrera 4S. Clio 172. M5
Open the boot, look on the inside of the light assembly for a 1" triangular plastic nut, undo it and pull the whole lamp assembly out.

Stand by for a flaming on here for admitting you bought Lexus lights ;)

Clio 1.6 16v Dynamique +
Okay ive just bought some new lexus lights for my car, probably easy question but how do i take the old ones out and fit the new ones in?

x

Nice one. I have Lexus lights on mine too. You may well get flammed for them, but each to their own I say. I love mine! :D

Like Brian says, it's an easy job to change them. I did have abit of a problem with a loose connector on mine, but nothing a pair of pliers couldn't cure. ;)

Clio 172 mk2
Open the boot, look on the inside of the light assembly for a 1" triangular plastic nut, undo it and pull the whole lamp assembly out.

Stand by for a flaming on here for admitting you bought Lexus lights ;)

Just what I was about to say

Wait for the CS style police to arrive lol

Clio 1.6 16v Dynamique +
Wait for the CS style police to arrive lol

But Lexus lights look sh1t...always!!

I tried not to say anything, really I did :eek:

lol. Each to their own I say. I just thought the original lights were way too , erm RED! I have this thing about balance, and with the nice clear lights on the front it didn't quite look right to me with the red ones on the rear. So, Lexus clear lights went on and now balance has been restored. Lmfao.

Renault Clio MK1 1.4RT
Fitted them, i quite like em :p
They dont look too bad do they?
DSC00315.jpg

Excuse the animal on the side of the car, coming off tommorow

I've never understood why people fit them to a completely standard car ??? (or any car infact)
They look rubbish (imo)

1.8 8v RSi
please....i knwo it looks good to you....but i nearly made the same mistake...when u buy something for your car you will think it looks good cause your proud of it....but for the same cash you could get the ones i have off the net and have a better look.....get it right first time and dont settle for 2nd best

Renault Clio 1.2 RN MK2
how would i go about tinting them for her then, i know halfrauds do tinting spray, is it as easy as a couple of coats, maybe 4-5 coats with a 10min break in between coats?

many regards

Nathan

Last edited:
  Renault Clio 1.2 RN MK2
please....i knwo it looks good to you....but i nearly made the same mistake...when u buy something for your car you will think it looks good cause your proud of it....but for the same cash you could get the ones i have off the net and have a better look.....get it right first time and dont settle for 2nd best

and i agree with you there, i bought some lexarse lights a few months after buying the car only paid 25 squid for them so it didnt cost me that much, last month after months and months of deciding i finally bought my black led's (i know still not many peoples cuppa tea) but i love them goes much better than the standard ph1 lights and the lexus ones, i think is cus the standard red ones against the red paintwork look too alike and it needed to be split up

many regards

nathan