ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Tappity sound!

OK after my last attempt to sort out my ticking sound I thougt maybe is I pointed out where exactly the noise was coming from someone could help!

It a very distinctive high pitched noise kind of like the sparking when lighting you gas hob. It sounds loud and someones gonna say spark plugs:pbut im not a techie and never noticed the noise until a couple of weeks ago!

Must say I have only noticed it since first reving to the limiter for the AP22 runs

http://erc.qmuc.ac.uk/cliosport/file.php?image=1056579633__16vengine2.jpghttp://erc.qmuc.ac.uk/cliosport/file.php?image=1056579633__16vengine2.jpg

yeah I read injectors on a past post so I think it could be but wanted one of the "Knowlegable Ones" to comment;) I have no idea where the injectors are!

Thats exactly where the injectors are, on the metal rail with four plug type thingies stuck in......I have the same noise on my valver........been there for a while now had no probs.....lets wait until the wise one posts his comment;)

Skoda Fabia vRS

does the tappin noise go away when warmed up, or is it louder than normal when u first start the car for a minute or so...

I know there is a tappety sound when hot (thats when i noticed it first) but if its the same one I dont know - the sound came from the place marked when cold. I can check tommorrow if when warm the noise is different or from a different place.

Oh and thats the I have put in to top up but I dont know what oil is mainly in it!!!

Skoda Fabia vRS

Quote: Originally posted by 007 on 26 June 2003

Oh and thats the I have put in to top up but I dont know what oil is mainly in it!!!
lol you dont know ?......when was it last changed ?.....maybe thats it ?

16/09/02 - 5,000 miles ago. I wasnt the owner!!;)

been going through the old reciepts and Renault have been putting Shell Semi-Syn 10-40w Helix plus.

The last service wasnt renault - and all that is listed on the recipt is £15 for oil!! Which sounds cheap to me!:eek:

Well checked this morning and when hot the engine is quite noisy from on top but the bit with the red line if far noisier.

Should I get a full service? The last service seems very very vague!!

Toureg vW Transporte

is there anyway then to quieten the injectors down, mine are doing exactly the same, its just annoying. ta

Skoda Fabia vRS

Quote: Originally posted by 007 on 26 June 2003

Well checked this morning and when hot the engine is quite noisy from on top but the bit with the red line if far noisier.

Should I get a full service? The last service seems very very vague!!
suppose if you got the money yea, but id go for an oil change defintiely, were almost into July now, so your last oil change was 9/10 months ago....

LOL Should I start another thead "Noisy Injectors"?

How often do you recommend an oil change Brun?

And cheers for all the help guys!

Skoda Fabia vRS

well every 6k or 6 months id say, but i like to keep my oil fresh, when the GTT lump goes in ill be changing that all the time, probably every 4k or less

If its a tic its most likely the injectors, nothing to worry about.

start it from cold and put your ear on or very close to the cam cover, move it to the furthest side from the injectors. extreemly worn or broken tappets will make a very distictive noise, not the light tic from the injectors.

Its seems things are ok then:D there is some noise from the other side but nothing more that you expect.

in the tank solutions are cack my man.

Only way to get injectors cleaned, take them out and ultrasonic them then see what the flow rates are. Bosch efforts are meant to be withing 3% +- (6% overall) I have seen them a lot worse than that.

clio williams, Ph1 172

Yeah just give it an oil change I reckon. I bet its just the injectors making the noise though. Cant expect an old engine ot be silent though can you. I mean its a Reanault, not a BMW lol.

I know its old but it aint made 30k on the clock yet!

Still I work next to the bosch agent and mate can service it - I have always got a full service when I buy a car and didnt this time - dont know why!