ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Temperature gauge

Clio 182
Morning all
Just seeing if anyone has seen this before. Driving to work today my
Temperature gauge started going up and down from half way (normal) down to the bottom then back. Just had quick look and all seems ok as in
It has water up to the max mark and engine does not seem any hotter or colder. Any ideas?????

Clio 182
Just going to have a look on my lunch at the wiring. Could somebody help me finding the temp sensor so I can check the plug has not come loose?

Clio 182
Ye all seems ok. A lad in work has said to check the thermostat but would that make the Temperature gauge needle go up and down like it was being turned on and off?

if the needle is dropping/rising instantly my gut feeling would be a loose connection on the sensor itself.

Clio sport 182
This same problem happened to me on the way back from a long drive today... temp needle dropping up and down from half way... any ideas anyone