ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Temperature Gauge!

Clio
Hey guys, My temperature gauge on my car goes up for no reason at all.
I wake up in the morning I let the car run to warm up for 5 minutes and the temperature goes up I don't know if this is normal?

It's a clio 1.4, Is this normal?

Chrisgti6

ClioSport Club Member
  MR2,TT V6,Mini x 2
Engines generate heat, the temperature gauge shows you this, it's entirely normal.

unless of course you mean it's going higher than normal? Your explanation isn't very clear to be honest.

Clio
Engines generate heat, the temperature gauge shows you this, it's entirely normal.

unless of course you mean it's going higher than normal? Your explanation isn't very clear to be honest.
Well I start the car on after it's been turned off 12 hours and I leave it running for 5-10 minutes and the temp gauge slowly moves up?

Clio
Best not to leave a car idling to warm up tbh. But yes, it's normal for a temp gauge to show it's gettin warm when it's on!
After it's been turned off for awhile is it normal for it to go up slowly even though it hasn't done long journeys?

RB Clio 182
images?q=tbn:ANd9GcSJyv6LjSqhkrldra74BkfPidgtgPBAI01srp-pplTEJaAOfh6q.jpg