ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Tesco Super Unleaded?

Nothing at the mo :(
I know there are searches on whats the best blah blah

But i wanna know. is there any difference in fuel between this and shell Vpower? tesco super has higher ron and cheaper :S

SC 172 FF
isn't Tesco's 99ron? ....think from a post i saw on here the other day V power is now 99ron as well?

from what i've been told all supermarket chains will buy their petrol from the cheapest supplier at the time, so they may well be selling V power! - how true this is though I'm not sure :)

Cue half of CS telling you that your car is exactly the same as theirs - They run it on milk and your car runs the same on soy sauce, as it does on petrol.

182, SQ7, Trafic
I think its Thorney Motorsport done a big write up search it in google, interesting reading!

rps13
my car is slightly louder on v-power than tesco?

and v power makes you faster because your pockets are lighter i guess

Nothing at the mo :(
well from what i have been reading

tesco super is basicly shell vpower without the cleaning power!!! dunno if thats right or not

FN2 Type R +MK6 Golf
My car always ran better on v-power.It cost roughly £3.50 more to fill up,but i got more mpg from it so it kinda paid for itself.
It just felt more responsive.

Evo
Vpower also contains a cleaning and anti carbon additive, the same as BP ultimate 97, but with the higher RON of tesco 99.

Chris205

ClioSport Club Member
  Many Things
ghetto fuel

lmao^^^

I use 95, it loves it, the guy previously used to always run it on 97-98 ron and there is no difference now to when i bought it, if anything it feels better suited to 95

Before I get an rs tuner i may try switching to v-power, see if it improves fuel consumption and responsiveness, but i very much doubt it will make it faster

Ph1
I was forced to run 95 once and the car ran like a bag of s**t.

The 95 lovers reminds me of the 17'' wheel debate. Folk fit 17's and say it makes no difference to performance but as soon as they switch back down to 15's, different ball game ;)

One of the track car mags did a 4 page tester on all the fuels and there was clear differences. Tesco's 99 was found to give a more consistant output than V-Power

Dafthead

ClioSport Club Member
  Q8 E-Tron
I usually put V-Power or BP Super in mine, tried some Tesco 99 the other day and my car runs so much better on it, quicker on the power, sounds meatier and just seems to pull a lot better.

ST
Sainburys super (BP ultimate as it all comes from Grangemouth), used it for years in my previous 182, 197 and now in the Works..

Italian 3.2 V6
to prove this gayness someone should have a proper test on a track/RR.. 99 v regular to see what the actual difference is, if any!!

ST
Hmm on track..and whats that going to prove?

Its been done over and over in various magazines and on TV, it doesn't take much googling to get the info.

Ph1
to prove this gayness someone should have a proper test on a track/RR.. 99 v regular to see what the actual difference is, if any!!

It does make a difference. If there was no difference in octane levels why would their be any need for ''race fuels''

See the Youtube vid.

Renaultsport Clio 172
I started using tesco super early last year, runs so much better. When i've had to normal unleaded the car hates it, runs like a bag of hammers:(