ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Test Drive

Black/Gold 182

Hi, im new here and am test driving a 182 tomorrow, any tips on what to look for/try etc (bearing in mind ive been driving an automatic since passing) and my clutch controls gonna suck. Am pretty sure ill end up buying one am looking at getting met paint and the cup packs, what colour does everyone reckon looks best, im torn between inferno and arctic blue?

Black/Gold 182

Than black or silver, really? Have to admit Ive only seen blue ones that ive noticed, mostly racing not arctic tho

Abarth 500

black :cool: lol the fastest colour.........when clean lol, i think the clutch on the 182 is very flighty so u will probs stall a bit, dont bother taking it on a straight road to see the speed take it on the twisty bits and floor it and take full commitment thru the corners it will make ya smile.......or sh*t yourself lol depends what u been driving b4, u need to get used to changing gears aswell coz that sooo good on the 182 keep it on 5000 rpm and your gold

Clio 182

inferno, infact if I was buying now, id get the trophy without a doubt. I brought my 182 with cup packs just over a year ago when the 182 tophy or cup were not avalable to buy and if your a newbee the more you read on this forum the better you want your clio to be. Now I find myself wanting a V6 which I cant afford.... but I just think buy what is the best you can afford at the time and dont regret your choice TBH any 182 is gonna knock your socks of trust me. But id buy a trophy you might wish you had if you get a full fat 182 then really get into RS and start wanting to do track days I love those seats in the trophy!!!

Black/Gold 182

I think its gonna be sh*t myself then, I have a Fiesta 1.25 LX Auto. Have only just got to the point in my life when I can afford a real car, yeah I would love a Trophy too, but its just slightly out of my price range, was looking at just getting the 182 cup but thought it was worth spending the extra for all the extras you get in the normal then adding the cup packs so im pushing it for cost a bit atm.

Abarth 500

i was gonna get a cup, but to me it wasnt worth it loosing my toys, coz i wouldlnt drive it sooo hard that id notice the slight diffrence in power, fiesta 1.2 to 182 gonna b fun lol. if u get a gd salesman he will know the limit, mine was taking me around sharp corners at about 80-90 lol.............and when i tested my 172 it had bold tyres :oops: u will luv it

dk

911 GTS Cab

Quote: Originally posted by jeccross on 01 August 2005
Than black or silver, really? Have to admit Ive only seen blue ones that ive noticed, mostly racing not arctic tho

LOL, turn up to a meet or a RS trackday and most of the cars are arctic, has to be the most common colour

Abarth 500

Quote: Originally posted by dave182 on 01 August 2005

LOL, turn up to a meet or a RS trackday and most of the cars are arctic, has to be the most common colour

black baby, not that many of them, people cant b botherd cleaning them lol,...............just thought what the hell am i doing giving advice lol, i just have fun in my 172 :D

Clio 182

Have a look on tinternet for a Full fat 182. I got mine for 13000 (with cup packs in metallic silver non inport jobby) You can probably pick up one for just 12500, You could print of the quote, take it to your nearist dealers and ask them to match it or get a second hand one with 2 years warrenty left as good as new but you wont be hit by the depreciation.

From a fiesta auto to a 182 is gonna be scary believe me. I went from a puma to a 182. I discovered the 5500 RPM kick on a corner. sh1t myself silly drove like my nan for the rest of the day.

Astra VXR 17/05/07

Quote: Originally posted by dave182 on 01 August 2005

Most Blue 182s i have seen out on the roads are usually Racing blue.

Its worth bearing in mind that Racing blue is available as full fat AND cup.So surely Racing Blue is more common as its available for the Cup and full fat versions ?

Arctic Blue is only available as a full fat colour ;)

[Edited by Funkyjahooner on 01 August 2005 at 11:06pm]

Black/Gold 182

Just had the test drive, only stalled once too, while parking it at the end so didnt embarass myself too much, the cars great too but Renault would only go to 13700 when Ive found offers as low as 12300 (inc cup packs and met paint) on the net, has anyone here bought from an internet dealer and are there any disadvantages?

Just call round a few dealers, Renault Cardiff offered me a full fat 182 c/w both cup packs for 12k. I am sure that 1 will bite. The other option is to buy 1 1 owner nearly new car. Loads on here at 10-10.5 ish K.

cheers Simon

Daniel

ClioSport Moderator
  Whichever has fuel

said it once and ill say again, my name is dan, i work at sj cooks, bristol renault,
im on 01179579700, working till 6.30, let me try and match internet.
dan.

Megane RS 275 Trophy

Can any body let me know which sites to look at for the best prices on a new 182 as Im considering getting a new one and they want £14445.00 at my local renault showroom full fat with both cup packs in inferno I need some ammo.

Clio Trophy 079/500

yzfr6 I was offered the trophy for 14,400 on monday. Im taking the deposit down on thursday.

If that counts as ammo.

Clio 182

I got mine from internet 13000 both cup packs, no problems. Car actually came from a dealer. These were just an inbetween. Supose they negotiated there own discount with the dealer. It wasnt a inport and I was the first owner. Carhound.com. Delivered on the day I wanted too. I did find it cheaper after Id brought it by about 500 notes. can remember where though. But I still thought mine was a bargain.

A red missile

I think its gonna be sh*t myself then, I have a Fiesta 1.25 LX Auto. Have only just got to the point in my life when I can afford a real car, yeah I would love a Trophy too, but its just slightly out of my price range, was looking at just getting the 182 cup but thought it was worth spending the extra for all the extras you get in the normal then adding the cup packs so im pushing it for cost a bit atm.
Beg, steal, rob, sell your children if you have any and go for the trophy, if you havent seen one in the flesh yet id suggest you go have a look, i went into a dealers with the intention of ordering a cup but they had the trophy right there in the middle of the showroom, that was a Monday, on the Friday i was driving it away :)

Black/Gold 182

Cheers everyone for the help, am gonna order one tomorrow, will be sure to post pics when it arrives

Abarth 595 Trufeo

Just a note.

the Inferno is no longer available AT ALL.

No matter what colour you go for, you will LOVE IT

Keep us informed.

H

tiTTy & SV650

try arnold clark, they have metallic paint, full fat 182 with cup packs for 11,800, add a few hundred for both cup packs.

I paid 11,800 for mine in June 04, full fat.

Arctic Blue or Inferno look best IMO

Megane RS 275 Trophy

Quote: Originally posted by tomboy on 02 August 2005
Just a note.
the Inferno is no longer available AT ALL.
No matter what colour you go for, you will LOVE IT

Keep us informed.

Renault said there are no more 182 being made now there are 92 left at reanult UK dealers. My local branch at Preston has a Inferno in the showroom with both cup packs they said I could take it away in 24 hours, I just need them to come down in price a grand or so as I have now found some for £1500 cheaper but not inferno. If they dont Im going to look at two 172s on Thursday one on an 03 the other on a 53 both £7000...

[Edited by dave182 on 8/2/2005 10:58:52 PM]

Quote: Originally posted by yzfr6 on 02 August 2005
Renault said there are no more 182 being made now there are 92 left at reanult UK dealers. My local branch at Preston has a Inferno in the showroom with both cup packs they said I could take it away in 24 hours, I just need them to come down in price a grand or so as I have now found some for £1500 cheaper but not inferno. If they dont Im going to look at two 172s on Thursday one on an 03 the other on a 53 both £7000...
[Edited by dave182 on 8/2/2005 10:58:52 PM]

From what i cn tll the 182 is still going to be made when they ome back from there hols. Ask your dealership to have a look for Trophy they will find a load in France with the 10th September delivery date (I think September). The problem is that dealerships dont know whats happening, they cannot say for sure if they are till making the car. My gues is they till will make it till early or middle of next yar then they will change the jigs/tooling to make the new car. Theres no way I can se that they can afford to shut the RS line down and wait till they need to start making the RS. Unless of course theres another RS maybe an RS modus? Id not expect so though.

dk

911 GTS Cab

edde, they are stopping production of the clio at dieppe and are just going to produce the megane variants until the new clio comes and im not sure of the month but i think it maybe september/october/november time 2005

[Edited by dave182 on 8/2/2005 11:16:11 PM]

Black/Gold 182

I was told the new rs Clio wont be around for a year, I was also told production has stopped but the guy showed me a screen with about 250 odd to be imported in october. Think im gonna go for the arctic blue, I do like the black but am not a huge fan of car washing..