ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Test drove the Healey V8 today (56K no way)

Clio IV 0,9 Tce
From this thread
http://www.cliosport.net/forum/showthread.php?t=432433

Went to see the car today. It was nice but had some issues. First thing was the wheels, they are defenietly too wide. But they are genuine borrani's from an old Ferrari, so i imagine the they are a fair few bucks worth. Other thing is the doors, they need to be proper alinged, but i dont think thats too bad to do. The interior is basically nice, but a little rough in some places. Engine swap looks really tidy, and enginebay in general is very clean. The paintwork could do with a pro polish, but it isn't too bad. It has a couple of scratches that can be repaired aswell. All in all it was ok. Then i had a test drive in it, and i was Convinced. OMG it is fast, much faster in a straight line than my Dax Rush. So i have mailed the guy and accepted his offer on the Rush, so now we will have to see if he bites.
The seller told me it used to owned by a californian car collector whos wife sold it after his death. Apperently the guy had 345 cars, his name was something like Thomas Rugeri or something like that. Anyone heard of him?
IMG_0715.gif

IMG_0716.gif

IMG_0717.gif

IMG_0718.gif

IMG_0719.gif

IMG_0720.gif

IMG_0721.gif

IMG_0723.gif

IMG_0725.gif

IMG_0726.gif

IMG_0728.gif

IMG_0729.gif

IMG_0730.gif

IMG_0731.gif

IMG_0732.gif

IMG_0733.gif

IMG_0734.gif

IMG_0735.gif

IMG_0736.gif

IMG_0737.gif

IMG_0738.gif

IMG_0739.gif

IMG_0740.gif

IMG_0741.gif

IMG_0742.gif

IMG_0743.gif

IMG_0744.gif

IMG_0745.gif

IMG_0746.gif

IMG_0747.gif

IMG_0748.gif

IMG_0749.gif

IMG_0750.gif

IMG_0751.gif

IMG_0752.gif

IMG_0753.gif

IMG_0754.gif

IMG_0755.gif

ValverInBits
nice.
The under side could do with a little rub down and a spot of under seal.
Also, you'd be lucky to get it through an MOT with the wheels out that wide surely??
Then again, loosing those wheels could mean a little less traction.....and if it's faster than a dax......
looks a great laugh

Darren S

ClioSport Club Member
Nice motor!

I agree with you on the wheels - a little too wide for my liking. But that's a small issue. I bet it puts a big smile on your face when driving it!

D.

It's A Reno
I'm really liking this car mate.

Considering it's nearly 60 years old it's in good condition.
As for all the little imperfections you talked about, I quite like them on old cars. It's way too easy to over restore a motor and sterilise it. They are it's life scars so to speak. I think the interior looking like it does adds to it's charm and when all is said and done, it's for enjoying and not polishing.:approve:

Just out of curiosity, how much has it cost you in sterling?

Clio IV 0,9 Tce
I'm really liking this car mate.

Considering it's nearly 60 years old it's in good condition.
As for all the little imperfections you talked about, I quite like them on old cars. It's way too easy to over restore a motor and sterilise it. They are it's life scars so to speak. I think the interior looking like it does adds to it's charm and when all is said and done, it's for enjoying and not polishing.:approve:

Just out of curiosity, how much has it cost you in sterling?

Thanks buddy

First off i haven't actually bought it yet, but hopefully i will. The sale of my Dax Rush is still pending.

I feel quite the same way about scars on old cars. I want it to look nice, but at the same time i also want to be able to use it.
In Demark the car taxes are redicolous, we have a 180% taxation on cars. Iam hopefully selling the Rush for around 22.000£
The Healey will be around 18.000£ on the road because old cars have an tax exemption in Denmark. So that is actually fairly cheap for a big Healey. It not having the original engine offcourse deducts from its value, but for me that is why i like it.

Looks like a shed underneath... but then i again i no nothing about this car, so im guessing its ok.

Looks cool.

It's A Reno
Big Healey...that made me laugh. Biggest healey more like. :D

But I know what you mean. An untouched example of a 100 or big Healey would be silly money, so you get the fun of the V8 and save money.
It's a mad world.
As far as the underside protection is concerned, I don't know how bad your winters are (salt on roads rather than snow), but you may find this stuff handy.
http://www.por15.com/
It's amazing stuff, I used it loads of times, and stops rust permanantly.

Clio IV 0,9 Tce
Big Healey...that made me laugh. Biggest healey more like. :D

But I know what you mean. An untouched example of a 100 or big Healey would be silly money, so you get the fun of the V8 and save money.
It's a mad world.
As far as the underside protection is concerned, I don't know how bad your winters are (salt on roads rather than snow), but you may find this stuff handy.
http://www.por15.com/
It's amazing stuff, I used it loads of times, and stops rust permanantly.

Yeah well i guess a Healey 100/6 is a big Healey aswell. Atleast with a big V8 it is.
Iam not going to drive it in the winter period, so thats not an issue. I've still got my Valver for that.
I've been looking at that POR15 stuff, and i think that will be the route iam going if i get it. A good going over with a rotating steel brush, and some of that stuff, should fix her right up.