ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

testing the water

Status
Not open for further replies.
  clio 172
i bought a clio 172 the other month...but now have spotted a black megane rensport 5dr that is far more suitable for the family...so need a valueation :rolleyes:

car is

clio 172 ff completely standard! :) :rasp:
66k miles
mint exterior + interior
11 months mot + 4 months tax
had the belts done 500 miles ago
has got the remainder of a 6 month warranty.
no service history except for some old reciepts + the 1 for the belts (£600)

dont want the max...but want a pretty quick sale as it needs to pay off some bills before i can buy the megane.

172 Cup
Before forums existed were people incapable of selling a car by themselves?!?

You only bought the car a couple of months ago so unless you've done major work or modifications why don't you stick it back up for the same price and drop it slightly if necessary?

clio 172

no need to be arsey :nono:

its an 02 reg.

i bought it from a trade...therefore values are different, its had the single most expensive service done since..credit crunch has hit...etc etc...

thats why i want an unbiased opinion on what its worth :rolleyes:

172 Cup

its an 02 reg.

i bought it from a trade...therefore values are different, its had the single most expensive service done since..credit crunch has hit...etc etc...

If I say I thinks it's worth £2000 would you listen? No.

All these threads are pointless as you get 50 different valuations posted back and then the OP advertises it for a price he or she had in mind all along.

Advertise it for £4000 and if it sells then it's worth £4000. If you have to drop the price to £3750 and it sells then it's worth £3750 and so on..

its an 02 reg.

All these threads are pointless as you get 50 different valuations posted back and then the OP advertises it for a price he or she had in mind all along.

Advertise it for £4000 and if it sells then it's worth £4000. If you have to drop the price to £3750 and it sells then it's worth £3750 and so on..

You mean you want someone from ClioSport to use their own brain?

Come on Griff, lets be sensible about these things.

If he was a craaaaaaaaaaaaazy person, you know the sort that says Mom or lives in a cave, then he'd probably have a look at AutoTrader or Pistonheads and find some cars similar in ages/condition/miles to his and price it around that area or base it on what he paid and what hes spent.

But hes a bright young man. He knows the best way is to ask a forum. Forums know everything and doing something for yourself is soooo 2007.

Its worth £500 but as im feeling generous and ive just had my Admin wages through with my Banning Bonus, I'll give you £750.

Deal?

clio 172

You mean you want someone from ClioSport to use their own brain?

Come on Griff, lets be sensible about these things.

If he was a craaaaaaaaaaaaazy person, you know the sort that says Mom or lives in a cave, then he'd probably have a look at AutoTrader or Pistonheads and find some cars similar in ages/condition/miles to his and price it around that area or base it on what he paid and what hes spent.

But hes a bright young man. He knows the best way is to ask a forum. Forums know everything and doing something for yourself is soooo 2007.

Its worth £500 but as im feeling generous and ive just had my Admin wages through with my Banning Bonus, I'll give you £750.

Deal?
see here's the thing about being cocky...it often comes and bites ya in the arse:lolup:

i have done the above things...but

a) the cars on there have been on there a while so arent selling..so them prices mean jack poo!

b) dealers dont always know the demand for 'clio 172's' whereas on this forum there are people who have bought and sold cars recently...so they have a good idea of what they are going for.

c) i bought my car real cheap...so i have no basis to compare them prices

as for the £750...i'll take it..but id have to ban ya! :quiet:

Mondeo 2.0LX & Volvo V50
Sorry Karl but gotta agree with the others on here. What you're really saying is *** ANYONE WANNA BUY MY CLIO???!!! ***

If you got it cheap, why don't you just advertise it for what it owes you and move on. If you want to make some profit then price it slightly below what other similar age/mileage cars are advertised for. It aint rocket science, especially if you bought it trade, you really ought to know what you are doing with regards buying and selling cars.

The market is completely on its arse at the moment so if you get any interest, you're lucky!

Status
Not open for further replies.