ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

The £295k Impreza....

yeecup

ClioSport Club Member
Trader Rating - 100%
3   0   0
  mk8Fiesta ST,172 cup
Mad.

Trader Rating - 100%
1   0   0
  Swift Sport
That place is on crack with its prices, and that Mini 'Cooper S' is completely the wrong spec for the year.

Pauleds

ClioSport Club Member
Trader Rating - 100%
2   0   0
  Merc Dueliner sport
That place is on crack with its prices, and that Mini 'Cooper S' is completely the wrong spec for the year.
And 8 former keepers for a 1600 mile car. Cant see that many people buying it just to look at it.

Ant1

Brembo! Brembo! Brembo!
ClioSport Club Member
Trader Rating - 100%
2   0   0
They seem to sell the cars though so doing something right.

massiveCoRbyn

ClioSport Club Member
Trader Rating - 100%
1   0   0
  Several
Wow.

I always wanted a 22b. It's the ultimate road-going Impreza, but I think that dream is now very much out of reach :ROFLMAO:

It's a huge sum of money, that's for sure, but where are you ever going to find another like that I guess. It wouldn't surprise me if someone pays it, but I think it's extreme personally.

R3k1355

Absolute wetter.
ClioSport Club Member
Trader Rating - 0%
0   0   0

Unless you've got a literal library of documentation to accompany an old Mini you're a f**king idiot to part with strong money for one.

It's almost accepted that most have been re-shelled, some idiots even claim that cos Rally teams often did it when they crashed then it's par for the course?
A good number are nothing more than flat-pack classics as well. ID tags and V5 bought off eBay and slapped onto the body of a base-spec car with the Cooper S stuff sprinkled on top.

Darren S

ClioSport Club Member
Trader Rating - 100%
5   0   0
It's a very weird predicament to be in with that. Even with money to burn - £300k for a car that although extremely nice, was simply a special model Scooby is a bit insane.

And if you had £300k to blow on a car - would you really be looking at a rally-inspired 4-door saloon car?

Surely for that price it's going to remain a garage princess for the next several decades - devoid of stretching its legs and being thrashed about for fear of reducing its 'value' by 90%.

jameswrx

ClioSport Club Member
Trader Rating - 0%
0   0   0
By this point it's no longer comparable to a car in any practical sense. It's more like a painting, a sculpture, or a piece of jewellery.

Exactly this.

And as for who’d buy it, well I would if I won the euro millions. I’d have a collection of 80’s-00’s rally bred cars as art and duplicates to drive.

Crayola

ClioSport Club Member
Trader Rating - 100%
1   0   0
Find another 22B with delivery miles

It just doesn't ever happen and it will be a "holy grail" car for the rest of its existence. It's clearly a collectors item and a garage queen at this stage, nothing more and nothing less. People pay millions for dogshit art, these are the same mugs who buy these cars

imprezaworks

ClioSport Club Member
Trader Rating - 100%
37   0   0
  Mk5 Golf GTI :)
The car belongs in a Subaru heritage museum or something like that. I can't see anyone paying that then driving it. As Plenty said it's too special to be a car any more.

If I had millions in the bank I'd drive it. If I had 300k in tht bank, I wouldn't

Jon46

ClioSport Club Member
Trader Rating - 0%
0   0   0
  BG FF 182
An old family friend bought the original UK press car, I wonder if he still has it and what mileage it’s at now?

That’ll end up in a collection, then reappear in 10 years for £500k 🤪

Trader Rating - 100%
1   0   0
  Swift Sport
From a personal point of view, pretty much everything in this shed is more special than that Subaru, and most are much cheaper!

MarcB

ClioSport Club Member
Trader Rating - 100%
45   0   0
  Too Many
Find another 22B with delivery miles

It just doesn't ever happen and it will be a "holy grail" car for the rest of its existence. It's clearly a collectors item and a garage queen at this stage, nothing more and nothing less. People pay millions for dogshit art, these are the same mugs who buy these cars

Does Dogshit art have any swirls or has it been polished ?

massiveCoRbyn

ClioSport Club Member
Trader Rating - 100%
1   0   0
  Several
A YouTuber I know has made a video of it:

It's basically a new car. Amazed some of the delivery stuff has survived. You could never drive it really, would ruin it.

I'd rather have a 'worse' one methinks, so I could actually drive it.

Waitey

ClioSport Club Member
Trader Rating - 100%
3   0   0
  Alpina D3, AC Cobra
The 400km one in Japan sold for £87k, so this one is a bit of a reach.....