ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

The car i am thinking of buying....

Flame Red Delight
Well thinking of buying a car, its cheap and has no service history but runs good etc and looks decent so its going to be a bit a project car for me (which i have been looking for, for a while). Its a black phase 1 172, its based in central scotland at the moment. The reason for posting this is that the car actually has a cliosport sticker in the window and hoping that one of the previous owners will be on here and be able to shed some light on the car. All the HPI has come up clear etc before anyone discusses this.

The reg plate is X98 BDB and as said its an X reg Black phase 1 172 based central scotland at the moment and has arnold clark plates on it.

Anybody on here used to own this car? Or anyone find out further details on the car (cs detectives at the ready haha)

Thanks

Callum

e60 M5 -172- dciheid
wheres the dealership? ask if you can get the owners address from the v5?

plus scan the meat photos to see if anyones snapped it. Black is pretty rare and unusual for a car to have just two digits at the start of its reg as well.

AK

M240i
This one?

DSC00445.jpg

;)

Flame Red Delight
Yea I've had a look no sign in any previous meets past couple of years, dealers in motherwell and yea it's a private plate on the car at the moment. Would feel dodgey phoning a previous owner to be honest, think I should do it?

The first thing I am going to do is buy that ladder spoiler for this one but, looks mint ;) lawl

Na this ones just standard. Clean and has been looked after just no history sadly.

_WILL_

ClioSport Club Member
  172 Cup
Well at least it can be used as a bike rack as well!

If its going to be a project car then I wouldn't be as bothered by the service history but it would be nice to see if it has had its belts done.

I think if you can find out what its original number plate was then you can call Renault and see what stuff it had done with them. Also call the previous owner defiantly, it mean nothing to them any more so they should be honest and tell you anything that's wrong with it, plus they may have the history still and just forgotten to give it to the dealer!

You sure its a private plate?

Looks like one of the reg's where they ran out of triple numbers. (was quite common on R and S reg's too iirc)

Flame Red Delight
Hpi said plate change but you might be right about the number running out, the car runs good and drives well feels tight etc, its cheap due to no service history and makes me concerned slight tbh

Flame Red Delight
Just to clarify it is not the car in the picture though the number plate is only 1 digit off lol