ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

The crunchy 197

RSRowe

ClioSport Club Member
  Megane 250 Cup
Afternoon gents.

Probably sick to death of seeing all the project threads on here, but I thought I'd create my own so I can keep a bit of a history my time during 197 ownership.
My friend originally bought the car back in February of this year in the hope of starting to do trackside alongside me who had an ST170 at the time. Due to other commitments he ended up selling it to another mate of mine, and the on to me at the start of August.

The car is a boggo 197, complete with tatty paint, rusty boot, power increasing bonnet vent, and crunchy gearbox.
Over the course of my ownership I hope to turn it into a clubsport style track car which I will use on UK tracks and trips over to the Nürburgring.
The car is a very basic spec, having only a secondary decat, ktec (I think) cat back exhaust, drop in filter, and h&r springs coupled with cup shocks.

20180825_175407.jpg

XSP_496.jpeg

XSP_0389.jpeg

31255190277_91630765f3_o.jpg

46194866681_6224fff8fb_o.jpg

Once Christmas is out the way I wanna try and get the box sorted and will likely chuck a diff and clutch in at the same time.
I'd really like to get myself some coilovers for next year's trackdays too, but the current setup feels that good I don't particularly want to mess with it.

Little bit of footage having a play around on Monday at Oulton Park. Was completely blown away with the performance of the car despite having to wait 3 years between gear changes.