ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

The punto boys talk about the V6 ...

integra dc2 type R
ummm I feel the erge to register and post up abusive comments! must hold back...

Oh well done, you did us all proud :rolleyes:

Luckily they didn't rise to you and your 'supercar'.

They seem like a really nice bunch, I wonder if other car clubs have the same impression of us?
we are nice peep's on psc.i have been a member on here a while but never posted.its just a shame a few member's from each of our club's are so negative and arrogent .i never understand a person who wont look beyond thier own car and slate every other car but thiers????????????? but thank's for the (good)comments made toward's psc.

silver clio grande 1.2
cant believe how childish people can be? Each car has it's own capabilities and standards and as to how fast they will go etc depends on the driver behind them. Its to each and everyones individual opinion what cars they like and which they dont, just like with anything else. I know quite a few people on the punto forum and have great friends on there but it's silly joining a forum just so you can slate them just because you know it's being viewed by both forums. How does that make the people on Clio Sport forum look?:nono:

Well with Gordon shitbrown putting the V6 Road Tax up to £400 a year now, and god know how much in the future?, a small engined Turbo sounds like a damn good idea right now.....untill he bans modding, that is :(

Simon

silver clio grande 1.2
bl***y hell. that's ridiculous.The last i heard the punto gt was only about the same as my road tax on my 1.2 clio

1.8 Civic EX
Punto Gt's are 1.4 turbo thats why...

I'll be honest...I had a GT before the valver and my god I hated it! Was real nice at first but when my mate got a valver i stood no chance, even one of my friend in a Clio MK1 RT was out handling me (both standard) it just wasn't good enough, biiig turbo lag, to 60 is reasonably close between the gt and valver but past that i was left well behind...and compared to the 172...haha sorry but the 172 is miles miles miles better than the Punto GT

1.8 Civic EX
happens everywhere you go...can you image what it would be like if everyone in the world all liked exactly the same things...be pretty boring

silver clio grande 1.2
exactly thats why we all have our own opinions, be nice if some peeps could see that way instead of trying to ram there opinions down everyone elses throats......................:)

Phase 1 172, boxster
cant stand puntos, had one as a courtesy car when my clio was getting bodywork done, couldnt wait to get mine back, felt like siting in a lorry, gearsticks about the same length as a baseball bat lol only good thing was the turning circle and who cares about that!? top marks to Subway lol

133/225/CLS AMG
I actually reckon that Punto forum is actually pretty decent.

You won't find many car specific forums that are as open minded and logical as that one. Try the MR2OC for that!!! Fair enough some of them didn't like the V6 but everyone is entitled to their own opinion. I reckon most of them are pretty open minded.

Admittedly there are some funny comments on there but in the same way I know nothing about Punto GTs why would they know the performance figures of the Clio V6s????

I say nice one to em that they have genuine petrol heads on there rather than car snobs!!!!

seems like a decent forum.. a 190bhp punto would give most cars a run for their money.. but being totally honest, i'd rather have the v6

visualize whirled pe
At the end of the day we are all car enthusiasts of a sort, it's harsh to have a go at someone just because they drive a different car or have fitted a kit, christ there is even occasionally some animosity from the RS owners to those with lesser spec clio's on here just because they have fitted a 2 litre badge. Why should it matter?

Sometimes it's like being back at school and listening to tossers who'd spend all day arguing about weather sonic or mario were the best computer game character.

Engles Mummy
I actually thought there forum was cool, nice bunch of blokes and some of them new what they were talking about.

visualize whirled pe
Why would it bother you what badge someone else has on their car, they can put a frigging ferrari one on as far as I'm concerned?
makes you sound simple really.

ant

yep.
Why would it bother you what badge someone else has on their car, they can put a frigging ferrari one on as far as I'm concerned?

so a ferrari badge on a clio is ok by you?

yeah, i'm obviously the simple one :rolleyes:

clio mk1
i had too fiats, a (cinq can anyone spell it first time cento) and a brava, thought the cinq was i right laff lol poor thing got hammerd. only did 80 lol an could only manage goin one junction on the motor way befor it over heated lol

visualize whirled pe

I'm glad you agree with me.;)

I could not care less what someone does to their car or what badge is stuck to it, why should I?

At the end of the day it's not my money they are spending and it's not my car they are spending it on so I've got no beef with someone doing somthing like this if it makes them happy. Are you a member of the badge / fun police?

R5gtt, 182, volvo...
the clio V6 has pedigree, group b anyone, you only have to look at the Renault 5 turbo 1/2 for what renault were trying to do.. make a car that gave people a road going taste of the old days with 2004/5/6 reliability.. they should have gone for a turbocharged engine but i guess they ran out of space and wanted to keep the cost down..

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=w6nhsXC8ngk&mode=related&search=
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xt-y_2EYiow

thats where the V6 came from and it makes me want to part with my money..

Engles Mummy

so a ferrari badge on a clio is ok by you?

And it's not ok with you?

What a pathetic & pointless life you have there, must suck so much being you!

Oh no that guy has a different badge make on his car! Shoot him! lol

You’re a joker :)

PH1_172
i cant see any punto keeping with a v6 personally and even if they got there 1.4gt turbo lump up to enough power to keep with a v6 it would probably go bang quite soon, but i do like the look of the 1.4t GT a friend had one very nice looking car, with some subtle mods looks good

and i do hate people who stick up for there cars make over any other car they really need to take there blinkers off there always something better out there its all down to personal taste and opinion ....to be fiar i didnt want a 172 clio for my first car i wanted a nissan pulsar gti-r but insurance was a b**ch, but now since owning the clio i want a 182cup/trophy next

Megane Mk4
There's quite a nice looking Punto GT round where I live, totally standard inside and out apart from the 280Bhp it produces under the bonnet.. Quick motor though, eats a lot of stuff on the roads too, isn't very chuckable round bends though from what the owner was telling me, and he was saying on bends, the 172/182's seem to do so well against his power machine, apart from straight lines.

Theres some nice examples of Puntos out there, you can tell which ones are cared for and which ones are owned by half-bent pikeys trying to race others... But then we get that with clio owners too :eek: ;)

Engles Mummy
What car do you drive?

I see countless amounts of girls in 172's driving around Chelmsford. Next time I'll look out for you, you got anything special about your car? Or is it standard?

PH1_172
its a 172 ph1:
photbucket5.jpg