ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

The Stig's Lap Times

To be fair though they don't list on there what was in teh wet, find it hard to bel9eve that a cup is 3 seconds faster than a vee

Mack said:
V6 was in soaking rain, as based on that time so was the CTR.

Yeah it really confusing because they don't list whether they are WET or DRY times?
Just goes to show its all just a bit of Top Gear fun and not very serious imho?

Simon

MOZZalba said:
it will be for a 172CUP and ph1 V6 , so I believe it.

..... but I was with a 182, with cup pack and V6 255, 182 was bone dry, V6 255 was flooded track.

If they just listed WET or DRY then we would know better?

Simon

It was soaking when they drove the v6 because if i am correct the stigg was trying to push it that hard he spun it 2 or 3 times on to the grass

SimonV6 said:
Yeah it really confusing because they don't list whether they are WET or DRY times?
Just goes to show its all just a bit of Top Gear fun and not very serious imho?

Simon

I agree mate :(

Trophy 265/500
I remember all 3 shows as it goes. The "cup" was a 182 full fat with cup packs and the run looked quite dry. The V6 had a sopping track and there were a few "out-takes" of the Stig producing some serious spins. The bread van had a damp track, but suffered in general with the twistiness and the fact you've go to do motor bike revs to get the most out of it. Shame we're not likely to get a Trophy doing a dry lap :(

avstar1

ClioSport Club Member
  172 cup
I think that the general rule was that with wet times you make a 4 second adjustment I seem to remember. Not sure about a damp track though...

portland said:
I remember all 3 shows as it goes. The "cup" was a 182 full fat with cup packs and the run looked quite dry. The V6 had a sopping track and there were a few "out-takes" of the Stig producing some serious spins. The bread van had a damp track, but suffered in general with the twistiness and the fact you've go to do motor bike revs to get the most out of it. Shame we're not likely to get a Trophy doing a dry lap :(

The main vids are above.
The 182 was with cup pack (as you say), white stripes and all and bone dry track, on 3 wheels at times :) awesome stuff :)
The V6 255 was totally flooded track :( and there was one "out take" it showed the stig spinning once on to the grass, damn I wish it had been dry :(
How cares about the bread van anyway? lol

Simon

Last edited:
  BMW M6 & 172 Phase 1
avstar1 said:
I think that the general rule was that with wet times you make a 4 second adjustment I seem to remember. Not sure about a damp track though...

I was pretty sure they say take off 2 seconds for a wet track in general. But the V6 lap was absolutely soaking so maybe 4 is nearer the mark?

Gus

ClioSport Moderator
  182Turbo,DCi90
Didnt someone on here see Clarkson in a trophy about a month or two back. Possibly they are doing a feature in another episode which will mean a new stig time.

Did anyone catch yesterdays top gear, in particular the Audi RS4 laptime? missed that part completely, how much faster than the m3 was it.

looks like they must have got a dry time in then for the CTR at some point?
At least that proves there is 4 seconds between wet and dry on that track :)

Simon

Focus ST
^^^Yes but I read the Monaro VXR review in the Sunday Times where he did his back in before it appeared on Top Gear, so you never know. Probs won't appear though.............

Can anyone het the V6 video to work?? Quicktime opens but it won't run, something to do with it not having the correct codec. Does anyone know how to sort it?? Really NEED to see it:D

Renault ChaVio
Download this and it will play through it and your Quicktime.
f**king brilliant clip. I've watched it about 100 times.

Renault ChaVio
It was the same for me Dango. Then I installed the VLC and it worked fine. You'll need to open it from within the VLC application instead of just double clicking the file.

After you watch it you'll put a deposit on that one you are looking at :)

Mark 1 Clio V6
The Megane Cup went round the Top Gear track in 1 minute 32.5 seconds.
4 seconds off the V6 for wet and you've got a very very close race between the Meg Cup and the V6.

mk1 172
Did top gear ever feature the mk1 172???

If so has anyone got a video clip of it by any chance? Like the ones posted above?

CraigV6 said:
The Megane Cup went round the Top Gear track in 1 minute 32.5 seconds.
4 seconds off the V6 for wet and you've got a very very close race between the Meg Cup and the V6.

Yeah but the V6 255 looks 10x better....lol ;)

btw, when was the 255 cup on Top gear? never saw that one....

Simon

ARGH!!! i can hear the V6 video but not see it. Its trying to play through windows media player but wont open properly, then tried with quicktime and still no luck!

I really NEED to see this video! help!!