ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

The tint police west yorkshire

Big crackdown in my area. I no of 3 places pulling all tinted motors over and making them take all their tints off. (i thought rear ones where legal?)

They have a check in ravensthorpe, mirfield, and one near the white rose center leeds

Just a warning.

Sunstrips too apparently have to clear windscreens wipers by 40mm-my friend said what if i get smaller wipers and he said it doesnt work like that.

i know one of the guys who has been stopped this morning in ravensthorpe has to rip his tints off, front two, at the side of the road. They (p!gs) said he had to take them all off at first, which he replied F*uk that. Also said there was an X5 next to him and he had to do same.

Thats it im staying in today!

If their cracking down on tints then, all windows which one guy told him, would this mean limos would have to remove all tints from their windows.

my mate said some other guy in cleckheaton had to remove them ALL this morning, he only had them done 3 weeks ago.

tints are allowed if they were applied before the new law came in and if yours were fitted beforehand tell them this! they have to be a certain grade and if over then yes they can remove them, after this date any tins fitted should be removed front windows only tho! All that is needed is to go to whoever tinted the wondows and get them to make up a receipt kinda thing stating when the windows where tinted

Stanced Honda S2000

i was told that if u got it tinted before a certain date you are ok. id check out this new legislation .

Astra VXR 17/05/07

I had tints done properly a few years ago.They were done by a professional and there is no way i could rip them off at the roadside.The guy who fitted them told me i could have whatever density i liked on the rear and rear side windows but there were legal limits for the drivers and passenger side windows.Front windows were a no no.

So what if you cant take them off at the roadside ?

Astra VXR 17/05/07

Quote: Originally posted by cliosportcraig on 29 April 2004

theyll make you take them to an MOT place and get a slip saying theyve been taken off
I thought thats what would happen.Im suprised to hear of people ripping them off at the roadside.Id want it doing properly....

Oh and so much for the police doing a good job,what a waste of time and money.Why not just introduce a window tint density test onto an Mot,the testers would only have to test cars with obvious tints so it would take minimum effort to do and free up some policing time for better things.

I think they give you the option to rip them off now or pay to have them removed at an MOT place !!

introducing something at the MOT would be a good idea

Already noticed all new cars with tints look like vans!

Couldnt you just drive around with your front windows down?!

-Rob

GR7

Shiny red R32

I was in a BMW dealers a couple of weeks ago and they had a 53 reg black coupe and all but the front screen had VERY dark tints and it looked like a pimp mobile. :cry: Would the person who buys this car have to remove all but the back windows?

my mate who had to remove them had to use a coin to to rip the tints off. If you dont take them off they said they will get someone to do it and take the car away which you have to pay for.

read somewhere that is was now illegal for car dealers to sell cars with tints on the front windows.

---------------------------------

Couldnt you just drive around with your front windows down?!

---------------------------------

yes, i can see the attraction of doing that in January

H22A7 Accord Type R

HMMMMMMMMMMM LOVELY!!! CHEERS GUYS! Well, i dont think id be letting anyone rip off £200 worth of tints without them testing them with a light meter at least!!! I normally wind the windows down if i see any cops.... its a right ball ache all this! My tints were done over a year ago now i think, and i have a receipt to prove this!! So, we shall see what happens, but i will be reluctant to RIP them off at the roadside, especially the BACK ones! Fook off!! http://erc.qmuc.ac.uk/cliosport/gallery/full/1083174901__DSCF0003.jpg

a lot of rear tints are done at factory anyway arent they my mini cooper s was .... i am not bothering anymore with tints ..cannot be bothered with the hassle tbh

id say " ok ill come round ure house and take bits off it jsut cus im an awkward b*****d like u r been now! i aint rippin sh*t off my car and if u dont like it take me to court!..................MR police officer sir!"

I suppose i shoudl be worried, but im planning to get tints in the next few months, and i dont give a flying f**k what the coppers say, yes i know its a bad attitude, but its just stupid

Good thats what i want to hear .. i went on loads of runs with those minis to germany holland france and belgium and all over the UK just hope i have as much fun ... :D

Anyone else smell the faint scent of a conspiracy theory here?

As in this isnt just a safety issue?

Rather more like suddenly you have to have maximum light into the car so you can be seen by the lovely new cameras that are about? :confused:

I fancy mirror tints on mine, but you cant do them on the front windows it seems - although theyre not legally prohibited on the sides of the car, as Dog Units round here have them on the back windows, to have them on the front means you get pulled for it. Something about the driver being unable to be seen...

hmmm.

H22A7 Accord Type R

its all pish mate innit! I made it to and from work ok yesterday and this morning..........touch wood ;) keep practicing my argumentative lines lol