ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Thermostat Gasket

Hi im gonna fit a low temp thermostat today and was just wondering where do i get the gasket from ? Whats the best stuff to use if i went to halfords ?

Cheers

Rich.

Sorry mate i cant help ya there!! Im sure someone must be able to help you!! If not Halfords will be able to tell you the stuff you need!!

there isnt a gasket available for the thermo housing, i always use renault thixo sealent, but i have used red gasket compound from halfords before-worked a treat.

jimbo

172 cup,s2 rs turbo

Quote: Originally posted by I2ich16v- on 14 November 2003

Hi im gonna fit a low temp thermostat today and was just wondering where do i get the gasket from ? Whats the best stuff to use if i went to halfords ?

Cheers

Rich.
any form of instant gasket in a tube should do the trick(the housing hasnt got a paper gasket etc) but make sure it antifreeze resistant.