ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

These Sat Nav Conversions...

03 Clio 1.6 16v Dynamique
What's there to know about these sat nav conversions, as they seem to be getting more popular?

Few things that spring to mind:

- Clearly you loose all use of your Std Renault clock/temp gauge, right?
- Does it mean you loose Std Renault CD/Tuner functionality too?
- In terms of security, is it not like leaving your TomTom on the pod holder on show in your windscreen? I would have thought there's plenty of scum out there who'd break in to rip the TFT off?
- How much needs spending on such a conversion start to finish?
- How much work is it to do, as it looks great, but is it worth it?
- One chap on ebay had one integrated in his 172 that was listed late last week, and his had some fancy controls assigned to it. This must be a brand/installed by someone professional or a pro company I would have thought?

Pic's and comments of anyone on the forum who has done the above would be smooth...

Thanks guys,

Pete.

R35 GTR
Hello! I'm back.:D

Yep, I've done it, which will be for sale for the right price, all the kit included. I have other plans for the car, and wont be watching much tv.

Search for my threads, cant find the pictures on my laptop at the moment.