ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

'They always come back'

RDH

ClioSport Club Member
Enjoy it man!

Glad it's gone to someone who will continue to look after it. I put so much time and money into that thing it's unreal, genuine bargain at that price IMO!

The seats cost me half that cost you paid for it alone lol!

Its a credit to you and jake. Most people can't quite believe the condition. It will definitely be looked after!

RDH

ClioSport Club Member
Needs taking off, cleaning behind and some new velcro pads and puttng back on properly, just haven't had time.

Your old ones been out for a little drive today and is still pretty mint . Defo worth turboing a nice one.
Starting putting together it's new engine soon forged bottom end and supertech valves ect.

RDH

ClioSport Club Member
How many miles is it now mate? Glad it's still doing well. Loved that car to pieces.

New one seems to be liking its new home anyway.

image.jpeg

63k. Hardly gets used I've replaced pretty much everything on it drives like a new car. Goes so much better with the little turbo on too. Id not want one without a little boost now they feel so slow.

RDH

ClioSport Club Member
Awesome! It'll be worth a pretty penny now then! If you ever sell in future, please give us a shout :)

Thing is you never see back what you spend on these things I enjoy doing it. I've not had any problems since I put the turbo stuff on it uses no oil ect. Just can't help wanting more out of it and I've got all the new bits for the spare engine so may as well build it all and drop it in. It's real fun as it is on low boost. Makes my civic type r feel really slow.

RB 182 FF
I've been in a lot of fast cars and I wouldn't say the 182 feels slow, compared to a boosted one maybe but a standard 182 gives a great sense of speed and occasion when you nail it!

RDH

ClioSport Club Member
I've been in a lot of fast cars and I wouldn't say the 182 feels slow, compared to a boosted one maybe but a standard 182 gives a great sense of speed and occasion when you nail it!

Only because it feels like its falling apart lol.

Countryman JCW
Certainly something about these cars. Cheap to buy and maintain, and reliable enough too
It's true... I'm on my 5th now. Sold my 3 series when buying a house to release some funds for a deposit, first choice of car in terms of bang for buck was a 182. So, went about sourcing a nice RB182 FF and hit the jack pot with a 1 owner fully serviced and looked after example. Nearly a year later I'm now looking at a 1.8 T VAG conversion for it! Absolutely great cars and nothing makes me smile on the drive home from work as much!

RDH

ClioSport Club Member
How can I upload a video to here from my iphone? Transmission noise is starting to bug me. Not sure if its sinister or just a general transmission noise. Coming from a brand new car theres plenty of noises that I haven't heard for a while.

Silent_Scone

ClioSport Club Member
  Evo 5 RS
That is very nice!

I always think about coming back to these but it's never the same as your first imo

One thing I have noticed is a slight gearbox whine, more noticable in 1st but I'm pretty sure my old one was the same? As said, long time since ive drove one. Changes gear smooth no crunching etc.

I had forgot how bad the gearboxes are tbh lol, changing gear is like stirring a bowl of porridge.
entry bearing maybe although it could go for years like that. I used to think of the gearboxes in my one like batteries.

RDH

ClioSport Club Member
Yeah, it isn't the same as my first tbh. But then again I'm not 22 anymore. Still love it though.

I've bought it to free up some cash but as always things never go to plan. I'm changing the gearbox oil today to see if it will quieten it down for abit, its barely noticable as it is at the minute. Will get it rebuilt over the next couple of months as the actual change is smooth as silk.

RDH

ClioSport Club Member
Haven't really had much chance to wash it properly since I got it, too busy at the moment. A quick snowfoam twice a week with chemical guys no touch is having to do for now.
image.jpeg

RDH

ClioSport Club Member
Just done 500 miles since I bought it. I've replaced a drive shaft and discs and pads. I'm hoping within the next month I can find the time to get the gearbox refurbed.

Cleaned up all behind the front plate because it was a mess, just waiting on a delivery from fancy plates for a new one.

image.jpeg

That really is stunning and exactly the wheels I want for my Arctic (over the Renault versions)
At the risk of saying something stupid.......... is that a Miltek exhaust? Looks spot on! :up:

RDH

ClioSport Club Member
It's an RS192 system mate. Sits a little wonky one of the mounts is shot. I bought it as a run around but I'm already treating it like a baby. It's a clio ffs!

It's an RS192 system mate. Sits a little wonky one of the mounts is shot. I bought it as a run around but I'm already treating it like a baby. It's a clio ffs!

Ahh I see, looks really smart! Never would have known it was that system....... ain't that the truth tho, bought mine as a 'fun' toy but only had it a month and already it's becoming a garage ornament and ocd bufty haha. Can't take it out in the rain tho right!? 😂

Reactions: RDH

RDH

ClioSport Club Member
It never gets used much, mrs has a diesel A1 which we use 95% of the time. I do toy with the idea of selling it because I'm using it alot less than I thought. We are in the process of looking to change the audi, an S1 or Golf R are the favourites at the moment, and when we do replace I can see me wanting to drive the clio less. Don't need to sell but I sometimes I just think it's a waste.

I f*cking love it though.

RDH

ClioSport Club Member
Not ideal but it is what it is. Upshot is that once its done if I ever do come to sell I'm pretty sure both mechanically and cosmetically it'll be one of the best out there.

Time for a turbo to liven it up mate. Just got mine back on its wheels today. Powdercoated the beam and all the rear
End looks nice and fresh now. Whole cars either powdered or painted now.
Was Meant to be a daily.

Reactions: RDH

RDH

ClioSport Club Member
Unfortunately yes. As in the advert, change of job circumstances mean the car just won't get used. Money in the bank is more useful than a car I can't drive. I've done 800 miles in 3 months so I barely use it as it is.