ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

They're Gone....!!!

Well, had the tints taken off today, and personally I think think its a lot better! I did like the tints, seen load on here that look the muttz nutz, but they were illegal.

work was carried out at Accousticar, Kibworth Leicester, and too be fair they were very proffessional. I will definatley use them again...

anyway, some before and after pics.....

Before...

2b5fbaac.gif

9f79a985.gif

Picture005.gif

After...

Picture008.gif

Turbo'd MX-5 MK4
went too dark for the colour of the car IMO, i just went for light rear three and left the fronts untouched :

Pro1.gif

I had a feeling the responses would be split lol!

but its done now, and I do fell better now im "legal" again. I think the "tint" law is far to harsh! but ho hum!

clio 1.2 16v,??
your allowed 100% rear and rear sides, 34% (i think) front, your car didnt look more that 34% to be honest, you get a producer to remove them?

Christopher

ClioSport Club Member
  Z4M
nnnnnnnnooooooooooooo!

i liked that arctic blue 182 with the tints.

maybe a little lighter, but still nice.

ah well.

yuhuang said:
your allowed 100% rear and rear sides, 34% (i think) front, your car didnt look more that 34% to be honest, you get a producer to remove them?

had it checked with a light meter and it was way over, didnt get a producer mate, it was purely my descision.

Turbo'd MX-5 MK4
yuhuang said:

not true, with current laws you cannot touch the front side windows or windscreen, but as you say, you can do whatever you want with the rear three

Valver Lookalike Mk1 Ph3
R20GRC said:
not true, with current laws you cannot touch the front side windows or windscreen, but as you say, you can do whatever you want with the rear three

Man speaks the truth.

al

ST on the way...
Its like driving a van having tints, had to move a yaris in the car park at work a while ago, it had quite dark rear tints, and could see s*d all! Was difficult to see reversing....in a yaris!!

MKIII 138
R20GRC said:
went too dark for the colour of the car IMO, i just went for light rear three and left the fronts untouched :

Pro1.gif

great shot that actually !

err what percentage are yours im wanting some for my 172cup cos i dont have any back seats for one and also putting a small sub in th rear sont want my ice + stuff on view as much but want it subtle

Last edited:
  Turbo'd MX-5 MK4
sorry, i don't know what % it is, they were the ' light ' option from Durable North (Altrincham).

Christopher

ClioSport Club Member
  Z4M
R20GRC said:
sorry, i don't know what % it is, they were the ' light ' option from Durable North (Altrincham).

do you have the number for these guys mate?

i only live in Grappenhall, and i'm looking at some tints.

cheers!

U/R 200
Just got me trophy tinted yesterday. looks good, and has been done legally.
Had this done on driver and passenger windows-
TOTAL SOLAR PROTECTION FOR ALL THE FAMILY
SunProtect+ 75 For driver and front passenger side glass – an almost invisible film that looks tinted when fitted to glass, but isn’t, SunProtect+ 75 has all the safety features of UV block, and heat reduction yet keeps the Visible Light transmission (VLT) within the legal limit of 70%.

And this done the three rear windows
SunProtect+ Mid Our most popular shade gives maximum privacy for rear passengers (20% VLT) with high levels of solar heat and glare control.
Hopr to get sum pictures on here soon. Do get the looks at bit like a van comments. but its up to the individual i guess.

Turbo'd MX-5 MK4
carbon copy said:
do you have the number for these guys mate?

i only live in Grappenhall, and i'm looking at some tints.

cheers!

I only have their head office number in Reading off the receipt, Durable North Ltd 0870 240 2480. They were £176.25 for the three rear windows.

Gareth.