ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

think i need to get saving..

for some leda coilovers

looks awesome like this:

182lowered.jpg

Renaultsport Clio 182
Looks quality. Do people get much (if any) rubbing when running a decent set of coilovers?

mark reckons he had to take arch liners out
gary g says his are fine?

i really wouldnt wanna remove any arch liners as s**t flies all in ya door shuts and knackers the hinges and door check straps.. been there doen that. lol

Renaultsport Clio 182
Yea I've done the removing the arch liner thing before on my first car, sod that, was a right pain. Dirt even used to find it's way into the boot...but then, it was a Ford!

my liners were "modified" by GDI they are still in there just cut I think.

the wheels rub slightly if the suspension is being compressed with the steering nearly on lock (It happens when I turn tightly into an incline to get into my carpark at work). When driving normally they dont rub at all.

I am having some stiffer and shorter (on the rear) springs fitted at the weekend so the rear of my car will be a bit lower so might try the front down a teeny bit more. I also think if you take the dampers to there softest setting they are not far off standard ride.

Attachments

• sp3o.JPG
    sp3o.JPG
    112.7 KB · Views: 86
  • leda5.jpg
    leda5.jpg
    116.3 KB · Views: 66
You can always higher coilover if the archs rub, there no need to slam them (glad Fred's not here no here me say that).

think yours looks nice there mark, maybe very slightly lower would look spunking.

andy.. how much is a rough price to expect to pay for the leda fitting?

182>FRS>VX220 now 350Z
Andy GDI said:
£160-£200 inc setup, camber etc etc

Thats a good price mate!

Also as Andy says...on softest they feel much better than OE setup in terms of ride quality! Very comfy indeed imo.

Mark, I think your slight rubbing maybe from the dirt sheilds....i'm sure Andy will sort that out for you ;)