ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Think ive snapped something pretty vital! help...

JJT

1.4 16v Dynamique+
Went out for a quick blast today and it ended up proving to be a bit disastrous. Performed a really quick u turn in the road to get out of the way of oncoming traffic, when i put it into reverse and released the clutch there was a large bang coming from the engine area, didnt sound good at all, drove down the raod a tiny bit to see if i could hear anything else and the gearstick was moving all over the place and kept hearing banging. Didnt sound right at all so pull over and had a look under the car.

Found this:

IMAGE_075.jpg

IMAGE_074.jpg

doesnt look too clever, completely snapped! guessing its some kind of engine mount?

any idea what i should be charged to get it replaced?
thanks
J

M

mini-valver

DOnt drive it like that. Not expenive or hard to replace on its own, leave it like that though and you could end up needed a manifold, shafts, other 2 mounts, rad etc etc

Black Gold Trophy
yeah get it changed asap, as the gear linkage will be under a lot of stress that it isnt normally exposed to.

JJT

1.4 16v Dynamique+
ok cheers guys, so if part is around £12 what should i be expecting to pay for labour etc? about an hours rate?

Sam

North East
ClioSport Area Rep
ok cheers guys, so if part is around £12 what should i be expecting to pay for labour etc? about an hours rate?

Lol

Jack, Axel Stands.

and by the looks of it a 17mm spanner/socket.

Approx 15 minutes work ?

Clio S & VW T5
as above, it's a dead easy job, even for a complete chod.
Just don't take the old one off til you get the new one, then fit the new one exactly where the old one was, and the same way round!!!

JJT

1.4 16v Dynamique+
sorry yea, im completely up for doing it myself! problem is im 200 miles from home at uni and dont have any of the tools to do it with me! otherwise id be on it like beans on toast...

edit: mmm second thoughts, if its just a spanner job like you say should be easy to source one. Might just go down to the local diy shop and buy some bits...

172 cup
im amazed at that one never seen that before like everyone else says defo dont drive it but when you get a new one you could do poly bushes in it to ;)

Matty

JJT

1.4 16v Dynamique+
erm, anyone got a link to one on the net or will it just be a case of getting one through a stealer? and what are these poly bushes you talk of matty?

can you get these for mine: click

DMS

A thirsty 172
K-Tec sell them for the sports. Not sure about for the non-sports but I wouldn't be suprised if it was the same part.

M

mini-valver

Just get a genuine Renault dogbone. Dont bother with Poly bushes in the twisted type if you're running the other 2 as Renault mounts because it will ruin the gearbox casing.

Rob

ClioSport Moderator
If you've got a wickes near you mate you can get axle stands stupidly cheap, there was a thread about it a while back, but online they sold out very fast, i managed to order some a few weeks ago and got them through, very happy, i think they are something silly like £3.42 for two axle stands!!!! Then get yourself a socket set on the cheap from somewhere, sorted...

http://www.wickes.co.uk/Motor-Accessories/2-Tonne-Foldable-Axle-Stands/invt/190385