ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Think my canon is I'll.. Slow focus?

Italian 3.2 V6
My 1000d seems of to gone into slow motion.. Only when focusing though. I noticed it yesterday when shooting the 335d. Its although it's loosing power somehow and struggles to focus? The battery was on 2bar, so I charged it to full to see if that would help and it still does it!??

Anyone know of this issue/fault? Is it easy fixed, a common issue?

Thanks.

Heez

ClioSport Club Member
  Superleggera'd Bean
You may be able to get it repaired but it would prob be easier/cheaper in the long run to buy new and sell the old one.

Oil Burner
Is it slow to focus in the sense that it seeks back and forth before eventually focusing or is the focus motor just slow.

The 50mm 1.8 is a terrible lens for seeking, It often requires an area of contrast (dark on light etc) to lock on.

If the 50mm is broken - ebay it for spares (you might get £15) and buy a new one. Or treat yourself to the 50mm 1.4.

Italian 3.2 V6
It's just slow in general.. In some cases it just gives up. Seems better since iv swapped lenses around for some reason but still not great. Iv been using this lens not stop and been fine until yesterday :( :(

Is the 1.4 that much better? and worth the extra £££?

I had similar issues with my Canon 50mm 1.4.
Took it to Canon service and had it repaired, but it cost about 60 quid.
Not sure it is worth it on a 50mm 1.8.
Maybe get a lightly used replacement 1.8 instead?

Meg 300Cup
The 1.8 is sharper than the 1.4 at f2 and slower iirc

I'm not to sure about you're camera, but if it has only one cross type AF sensor in the centre, I'd stick to that one exclusively with that lens, and personally wouldn't bother with the 1.4, it's the old USM motor anyway so isn't that much better in really low light focussing, it doesn't whine like the 1.8 though.