ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Thinking about getting an iPad 2

BMW 330ci
I can get a deal for an iPad 2 with orange with 1gb of Internet, think its the 16gb version. I can get this for £27 a month ? Is it a good deal and is it worth it.

I have got an iPhone 4 and just wondering if there is any point having the iPad as well as the iPhone because it does the same thing surely. Also I've got a laptop.

So I just dunno if it's worth getting one for the amount of money, anybody who has one do you use it a lot and do you really like it ?

Thanks for any help

Use it a lot. Love mine.

Don't get the deal with Orange. Depends how likely you are to take it outside. But 1GB is a lot if the answer to the previous is 'rarely'

£27 a month, I presume for 24 months?

BMW 330ci
Use it a lot. Love mine.

Don't get the deal with Orange. Depends how likely you are to take it outside. But 1GB is a lot if the answer to the previous is 'rarely'

£27 a month, I presume for 24 months?

Why not with orange does it not sound good ? Yeah I would because I would use it outside tbh and where I don't have access to wifi. I reallydo want one just dunno if it's that's different or better than the iPhone ? People say they aren't very good :s would you just get the wifi version. And it is 24 months dunno if it seems expensive aswell.

Not turned my laptop on since getting my iPad.

<3 it.
Really lol. I just like the ease of the iPad not starting up laptop etc. I think I would only use laptop to do work on word. :/

I have the 16GB wifi version but it rarely leaves the house. So I didn't need 3G or mass-storage.

The people who say they aren't very good are the people that don't have them. It's totally different to the iPhone. If you're sat in bed/sofa and want to browse the web, the iPhone is a bit too small. It's great when you're in the pub and you want to know who scored first ever goal in the World Cup but for longer browsing, the iPad screen is perfect.

If you're going to use it a lot on 3G then a contract might be for you but it seems a lot over a long time to me.

Gally

Formerly Mashed up egg in a cup
ClioSport Club Member
I still find things that I would need a laptop on. Lots of Footie highlights use flash for eg.

I'm sure there are ways around the other bits and bobs. Nice to hold and stuff though, especially messing around on the couch, browsing.

BMW 330ci
Your suppose to be putting me off the idea lol. But just making ne want one. The only good thing with the contract is you don't have to pay it all of at once which I can't afford to do but could easily afford £27. Month.

BMW 330ci
I still find things that I would need a laptop on. Lots of Footie highlights use flash for eg.

I'm sure there are ways around the other bits and bobs. Nice to hold and stuff though, especially messing around on the couch, browsing.

But to be honest tgats why I would always keep the laptop so I can still use it. Just dunno if it's worth the money just to browse Internet and play games :s

Gally

ClioSport Club Member
Can anyone list the cons? I knwo all about the pros.

Be honest or offer solutions. Me and the OH are needing a new laptop but enjoyed the iPad 1 so could be an option. Can always use the laptop for the crappy tasks.

BMW 330ci
Can anyone list the cons? I knwo all about the pros.

Be honest or offer solutions. Me and the OH are needing a new laptop but enjoyed the iPad 1 so could be an option. Can always use the laptop for the crappy tasks.

This is what I need to be honest. Because I have the laptop an iPhone. So just wondering if I would use the iPad as much as I hope I would.

Edition 30
Get one.

I use it all the time (like now).

For ease of use and speed it beats everything. Rarely use my laptop now.

Buy one outright if you can :)

BMW 330ci
Lol people should really be putting me off the idea but now really want one man :/ lol. And I know but can't afford to buy one outright that's why I would get it on a contract.

Rav4
Typing after a while hurts and can be time consuming. I prefer replying to emails on my iphone, as I can turn it landscape, and works very well.

Some people complain about Flash not working, I don't care. Used to love it, hate Flash sites now, not required, in fact, if a website is in Flash, I will browse away from it.

Apart from that , it's a great toy, but for me, it's not a laptop replacement, just an addition.

jenic

ClioSport Club Member
I use my laptop for college work and thats about it now.

iPad does 90% of my browsing at home, and video watching. Absolutely love it.

Geddes

ClioSport Club Member
  Fiesta Mk8 ST-3
I just got one last Friday 32GB wifi from the apple store never been off it since. Awesome bit of kit. Don't have a iPhone or laptop? If I do take it out side I could use my mobile as a wifi hotspot. All good.

Gally

ClioSport Club Member
Gally - Isn't there that app to watch flash vids now? It was on the Chris Moyles show a few weeks ago ( I'm assuming it's not iPhone only???)
Ohhh shall google dude. Mostly bbc website, their vids are really good but they use flash. :(

N0ddie

ClioSport Club Member
  Tesla Model 3
Our iPad 2 almost replaces our laptop but not quite fully. Pretty much for the same reasons as Gally has said. I like to watch a lot of the vids on the BBC news websites etc.

Italian 3.2 V6
My better half bought me mine. I'm on it a he'll of alot. Think she regrets it now lol.

BMW 330ci
Ok so the deals are:
pay £129 And £30 with 3gb of Internet
Pay £79 and £36 with 3gb of Internet.
Get iPad 2 free and pay £42 a month with 5gb of Internet.

All 24 months with orange.

BMW 330ci
Yeah but could say that with iPhones I'm on 24 month contract after 12 months only one new one out so far. And they never change that much anyway

R26r R26
I was never in to the whole "Apple" scene. I bought the original iPad and I was so impressed with it I ended up getting phone/iMac too :eek:. Just get one you won't regret it. Although I would avoid buying one on contract if yo can.

jenic

ClioSport Club Member
Just buy a wifi ipad if you have an iphone, and use personal hotspot. Presuming you have tethering.

BMW 330ci
Why does no one like the contracts I get 5gb of Internet so I think the costs even out Because I have wifi in the house but I will also use it a lot when I go out and the 5gb will be great