ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Thinking of buying a 1.2 clio sport

Clio Sport
I have just over £2000 to spend on a 1.2 clio sport.

Can people suggest what problems I should look out for in both the pre and post 2001 models?

Accident damage.
Rust (there shouldn't be any)

Check for the electrical all working any wonky noise check it stears and brakes in a straight lines and bodged panel gaps etc.

Craig

ClioSport Club Member
  4 wheels
can you get them for 2k. 1.2 sport is just a higher spec 1.2 isnt it. is it the one with the sport badge under the clio

Blown up 182 & Mondeo TDI
When i had my 1.2 sport back in 2001 it was badged as a normal clio(ie no Renault Badge on th rear) and it only said 16v on both the rub strips. It was in the brocure as a 'Sport' but inside the glove box it said Dynamique+

You can get a 1.2 SPORT in the MK2 ph1 shape, it had the 1.2 16v unit. This I believe is the only 1.2 sport, the post 2001 ph2 models came as: Authentique, Expression, Expression +, Dynamique etc

Mercedes C Class Sport
The 1.2 sport has the 16v engine also, where the others have just the 1.2 8v, and basically the dynamique trim in it.
It actually is a 1.2 sport so i dont know why some people are laughing!

brisa4984

ClioSport Club Member
theyre probably laughing because the number 1.2 and word "sport" dont really go together.

I loved my 1.2 dynamique, excellent car though, It was quite economical and fun. Having said that i did get it to run at 22 mpg at one point.

Yeh it was an end of line sort of jobbie they put the dynamique engine into the mk2 ph1 just before the facelift model came in.