ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Thinking of buying corner weight scales - any experience with these lot?

Audi S3 & 172 Cup
After constantly fiddling with things and paying for corner weighting every year, I'm prepared to take the plunge and get my own set, the 3 below seem to be the most common 'entry' level scales available in the UK, wondering if anyone has any experience of buying/using them, especially the STR scales since they look good value compared to the others, any feedback much appreciated before I purchase....cheers

- STR Competition Cornerweight Electronic Scales - New Design - £875
http://www.mcgillmotorsport.com/str-competition-cornerweight-electronic-scales-new-design-13163/

Intercomp E-Z Weigh Computer Scales - £1,080
https://www.demon-tweeks.com/uk/intercomp-e-z-weigh-computer-scales-i-c170125/

- Longacre Clubman AccuSet II Corner Weight Scales - £1,123
https://www.demon-tweeks.com/uk/longacre-clubman-accuset-ii-corner-weight-scales-lonm72593/

IMG_1001.JPG

Audi S3 & 172 Cup
Cheers, that's good to know, the STR set certainly looks good value at £200 cheaper than the Intercomp set

Audi S3 & 172 Cup
Yes I was thinking that as well, I’ve a 2 post ramp at home which helps masssively, it’s basically an hourly rate £50/hr and I usually say to the guy to stop after 2-3 hours to avoid it being too expensive but with constant fiddling, this is almost an annual event/cost and I’m about to add weight ballast to my car to stay within regs so the corner weights need redoing again.....

Eddie555

ClioSport Club Member
  Q7 2018 & 172 Cup.
You could always rake some back by balancing forum members cars. How much does it usually cost to have done?

Mine was 2 hours labour at £72+vat per hour. This was a first time set up after I had all the suspension (New ASTs, fully polybushed, all stripped out and Rollcaged) so tbf they were quite quick. I’ll be going back for a check over after a couple of track days and I’ve had a few more things I need doing.

Eddie555

ClioSport Club Member
  Q7 2018 & 172 Cup.
Yes I was thinking that as well, I’ve a 2 post ramp at home which helps masssively, it’s basically an hourly rate £50/hr and I usually say to the guy to stop after 2-3 hours to avoid it being too expensive but with constant fiddling, this is almost an annual event/cost and I’m about to add weight ballast to my car to stay within regs so the corner weights need redoing again.....

Where are you based?

406 V6, Race Buggy
I had a set of the intercomps and they were faultless, very well machined for heights being matched too so they were usable on very stiff cars like formula single seaters with very low ride heights.
I looked at the str's because I want another set but I wasn't impressed enough to go for them, I don't think they're bad, I was just a bit wary.

Audi S3 & 172 Cup
I had a set of the intercomps and they were faultless, very well machined for heights being matched too so they were usable on very stiff cars like formula single seaters with very low ride heights.
I looked at the str's because I want another set but I wasn't impressed enough to go for them, I don't think they're bad, I was just a bit wary.

Thanks that's good to hear, I must admit I am leaning towards the Intercomps...