ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Thinking of megane 250/265 from 197 .

chris carenduff

ClioSport Club Member
  clio 172 clio 197
Hi all, I currently have a clio 197 daily and 172 cup track car , had the 197 for nearly 9 years and the 172 cup approx 4 years I am seriously considering getting a megane 250/265. I still after all this time really enjoy the clio 197 and been a great car. Has anyone went to a megane 250/265 after the 197 and what your thoughts were on it pros and cons. I was at croft last year for a track day and went out in on of the boys that goes with us megane 250 and was really impressed with it on track. Also a few of my friends went to the nurburgring/zoldar/spa over the period of a week and they have some serious money in there track cars being a bmw m3 e46 2 focus rs a bmw 135i and a Mitsubishi evo and they all said the car of the week was the megane sport 250 was brilliant all week never missed a beat. Would preferably be after a liquid yellow megane 250/265 and recaros a must as I have them in the 197. Thanks

Stay Puft

ClioSport Club Member
  Clio 172
I went from a Clio 172 to Megane 265. Doesn’t rev out like N/A clio, but the boost is great and handles unbelievably well with the LSD. It’s just that much more refined if spec’d well too.
43BD5F8D-19BB-45D2-8C51-FCF8F4467404.jpeg
B95D256B-3960-4B87-93F7-51F3206057B9.jpeg

Mbeau

ClioSport Club Member
  Clio 172
I have a 172 Track car. Had a RS250 last year, there is a thread on here. Best car I have owned. I absolutely loved everything about it. Soon as funds allow I will be buying another.

I have driven a 200 on a track day. Megane is on another level IMO. A well specced Megane does everything very well!

chris carenduff

ClioSport Club Member
  clio 172 clio 197
I have a 172 Track car. Had a RS250 last year, there is a thread on here. Best car I have owned. I absolutely loved everything about it. Soon as funds allow I will be buying another.

I have driven a 200 on a track day. Megane is on another level IMO. A well specced Megane does everything very well!
Yeah, I haven't heard a bad word about the megane rs and everyone I know that has had one has said they would have another in a heartbeat. Very tempted to get one.

Gaz_

ClioSport Club Member
  Extreme mode
I went from this,
PB_1571682645266.jpg

To this

IMG_20180702_192710.jpg

Megane is a weapon tbh, however somethimes I do missing chasing the redline feel of throwing the 197 around a good b road

Can't go wrong with the Meggy though. Mines running a smidge under 320bhp, so plenty on tap if needed 👍🏻

Gaz_

ClioSport Club Member
  Extreme mode
The Megs look great! I like all three of the ones I've just seen here.

Red wasnt my first colour, it was bought as it had a good spec for a cup

It's sort of grown on me over the years 😋

Gally

Formerly Mashed up egg in a cup
ClioSport Club Member
250 and 265 are great cars. They have grown so much on me during the years and everytime I get a drive in one they seem like a bargain.

Okay they sound like a washing machine but you can fix that!