ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Thinking of some new wheels for track..

Track 172 Cup
Once I have saved some pennies up I'm looking at some new wheel's, Pro Race 1.2 or 3 and I'm debating on getting 2 set's of either of these two wheels and selling my scruffy (brake dust and poor powdercoat) 2118's or getting another set of 2118's and having them both refurbished (satin/matt black possibly as I have grown to despise brake dust on my white 2118's lol) so I will have 2 sets of the same wheel just have different tyres for conditions. If I did go for some new Pro Race which would be better, Ideally would want too future proof if I decided to upgrade to brembo calipers and not worry about clearance issue's... I like the look of the 3's as they seem easy to clean, look nice and open for checking pad/disc and also ventilation but thats probably negligable just finind positives, plenty of clearance from style of spoke, and only 1kg heavier in 7x15 @ 7.2kg over the the 1.2 @ 6.2kg (so nothing noticable just for track)

Only thinking of new as I would know the condition and not have to worry about any damage as I've recently put some tyres onto OZ F1's I bought as straight and one of them isn't but I'm gonna try it on the back and see how it goes. (I bought them off here 6 months ago and they have been in the shed in boxes since I bought them as they were spare's)

Pic's just because I had them on my desktop lol. (I have looked around and Rimstyle was just where I have the pictures from not decided if and where I'm going to purchase)

pro race 1.2.jpg
pro race 3.jpg

172 Ph1
I went top . Just seems trying to be different with wheels doesn't work when you want weight savings for track as there isn't much out there that's lite and cheap.

ImageUploadedByTapatalk1458511336.662717.jpg

ImageUploadedByTapatalk1458511355.295654.jpg

James363

ClioSport Club Member
  Clio 172 Cup
pro race 1.2's will probably be easier to sell at some point, and if they are lighter, it makes sense to choose them, but I do prefer the look of pro race 3's.

Track 172 Cup
Demon tweeks have got some (1 set left I think) Pro Race 3 for £300 just waiting for a reply about the bore size.. 4x100 and ET35 so thats fine. Just need to find £300.

Track 172 Cup
I had these on but the nuts off my stud kit don't fit in the holes so I can't tighten them up unfortunately... as they were a good wheel and feel pretty light if not lighter than the OZ F1 that have replaced them.

Some BK racing multi fit.

20160303_114727.jpg