ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Thirsty or what !!

A colleague has a Clio 1.2 which has been drinking oil for a while (car only 2 yrs old) and was told today by a main dealer that its normal to put in a litre every 600 miles !! Nothing wrong with it they said, even though it backfired at the weekend billowing white smoke.

Taking the p*** or what ? !!!!!

ex Clio 172 owner :(

rubbish, my vts goes through a lot id say, but then only about half a litre every 3000 miles, if that

KDF

Audi TT Stronic

eh, a litre every 600 miles is crazy.. something deffo wrong there.. I dont think even the RX8 would go through that much oil !

Make sure that they arnt overfilling the resevoir that can be a cause often amke sure its done on the level when the engines cold.

I think the 1.2 is allowed to burn loads of oil under the specification have a search for the amount but its quite high.

Make sure the car isnt just being used for short journey though take it for a long drive helps migh just be some stuff needs to be blown out of the engine.