ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

This head unit any comments

Chocolate Bar™

seems to be a good price if the postage is reasonable. (especially as you get a free cd player)

arguably an Alpine has better sound quality, but for the money id be tempted to buy a sony like that :D

Ive got the next model up... the 7700... its really nice. Ive never had a Sony before (i always had pioneer) and was unsure wehter to go for this or an Alpine for i picked this one coz i think Alpines are ugly (IMHO of course!) and im really happy with my choice.

FN2 TYPE R

The Cd portable will cost you £19.99 as it is the offer which is included with the purchase of cdx-7500.

Apart from that i have one of these and it does the business.

Id consider Alpines alternatives, they do sound better.

As for the cd player same as whats been said above, a cheap £20 jobbie to try and boost sales.

Dont care about the offer on the cd player just wanted coments on the sony HU. Just think it looks good as well. The colour is simelar silver to that of my interior. Its subtel not to OTT ;) any specifc alpine HUs that i should consider???

RenaultSport Clio 172 Mk2

Not so Rorrie, Ive been looking at this one for £214.49:

http://www.lowcostcaraudio.co.uk/shop.php?category=%2Fdab%2F&product=236CDA9811R which also has 4x60W and is DAB ready as well. It is only mp3 changer ready though, wont read them itself.

P.S. Im thinking of getting new fronts and rears as well as an amp too, so is it best to get the highest wattage rated HU and speakers I can, or will it be money wasted if Im getting a decent-ish amp?

BMW X5

Sorry, but i jus thhink the alpines are soooo ugly...only my comment of course! U cant jus say, yea, it sounds better...u gotta comprmise slightly unless u wanna spend more!!

I got that exact sony h-unit and its bloody good quality sound, plus its got direct inputs in the back so u can jus plug phonos straight in so u can use an ipod or whatever directly without a modulator.

Dave

Quote: Originally posted by dwj100uni on 05 November 2004

Sorry, but i jus thhink the alpines are soooo ugly...only my comment of course! U cant jus say, yea, it sounds better...u gotta comprmise slightly unless u wanna spend more!!

I got that exact sony h-unit and its bloody good quality sound, plus its got direct inputs in the back so u can jus plug phonos straight in so u can use an ipod or whatever directly without a modulator.

Dave
lol, it sounds sh*t but look at all those flashy lights! Classic comment! pmsl

the bear - well, if i were you id get only new fronts and an amp, leave the stock rears run them off the HU and amp the fronts, spending more money on the fronts.

if your amping up, have a look and the voltage of the preouts, the chances are if its a 60x4 then it will have 2 or 3 4v preouts, i think the pioneer has 6v (but not sure)

dwj100uni - i cant open the page, so i cant comment, but IMO the sonys are all flashing lights and look like tacky gadjets rather than the decent units. Im basing my opionion of sonys on the fact that i have had one (an md player) & compared to my alpine (7894rb) or my brothers low end jvc or the pioneer unit (name escapes me) that i put in my dads, the sq is well, not to be desired to say the least. But if your happy with it thats what counts.