ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

This is one fast RSi !!!!!!!!

Apparantly it says in the Clio RSi brochure from Renault that it does 0-100 in 15 secs!! Where did this guy buy his Clio ??!!!!!!!!

I just read all the history bits relating to the Clio and its shockingly inaccurate! "Williams produced by the F1 team etc" type of rubbish.

...and apparently Williams is the sports division of Renault!

Dont want to rubbish the lads efforts, but its just so wrong!

"The ones I am most impressed with is the ones I could keep up with in a straight line and in cornering were:-

Porsche Boxster
Volkswagen Corrado VR6
Looking at the specs of these cars, there isnt much in it between my RSi and those cars, my power to weight ratio is probably the reason for being able to keep up with them, with it being 115bhp per ton."

LMFAO!

Sounds like this knob at work, hes like 30 something and works part time as a mechanic. He knows f**k all about cars and recons his clio rsi is the nuts. He thinks that getting it chipped will add 20bhp. He knows nothing about anything, he tried explaining to me about how the chip controls the ecu and could therefore deliver more fuel to the engine thus making it faster. I didnt even bother trying to explain to him that engines can almost have as much fuel as they want but its their breathing which limits their potential horsepower. He doesnt even know what a clio 16v is, I tried explaining what one looks like with the bonnet vent and arches and stuff, but he kept saying that i was talking about a williams and that I was wrong because "he was a mechanic"

Sounds like someone i work with. He says cos his sh*tty Vectra is a 1.8 it is much faster than my VTS!! According to him "bigger engine means quicker car".

Volvo S60 T5

mmmm I expect most of the cars he has beaten are driven by 70 year olds... What a loooooozzzerrr , defo a potential SAXO driver!:)

Clio v6

Ah but reading on he says "In May 2003 I bought an ECO TEK Valve "

Well no wonder it is faster than any other car on the road.

:D

Funniest bit has to be:

"Then I bought a pack of accessories for the outside of the car, in it was a tailpipe bit, 4 dust caps and wind deflectors for the windscreen wipers, all in silver. I put them all on but the tailpipe fell of when I went round a corner, one of the bolts had snap so I didnt bother with that again. The wind deflectors I got fed up with they just didnt look right and the dust caps are still on they look fine."

LMAO!

Ha ha ha. Just been reading it again, it says the car has 155 ib/ft of torque! Thats more than a 172!!!

I think that must be down to his Max Power LED washer jets!!!

BMW 535D

i wonder why he hasnt got a clio 16v or williams down on his list of beaten cars LOL

someone invite him to talk his sh*te on here so we can bring him down a peg

BMW 535D

The spec is nothing too brag about but with it being very light, excellent handling and a reasonable 72bhp to boot it isnt exactly slow, the spec of the car is:-

0 to 60 12sec
0 to 100 18sec
Top Speed 104mph
BHP 72
96 BHP Per Ton
from a reno 5 GTS LOLOLOLOL

You want to read the bit about his R5 - its even better!

Classic quote about his 5s new owners modifying attempts - "starting to look like a Turbo now"......

....judge for yourselves!!!!

The spec of the car is:-

0 to 60 8sec,
0 to 100 15sec,
Top Speed 121mph,
Brake Horse Power 110,
Weight 955kg,
Pounds Feet of Torque 155,
Power to weight ratio 115bhp per ton.
(y)

Corsa 1.3 CDTI

The old V6 clio had 250bhp according to him :eek:

He must of fitted the chip he used in his car to get the extra 20bhp from the standard 230bhp engine ;)

Corsa 1.3 CDTI

Quote: Originally posted by Ralphy_VTS on 24 October 2003

If his Renault 5 GTS can do 0-100 in 18 secs then what can a V6 Clio do it in?!!!!!
Well Im guessing if you blink you would miss it ;)