ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

This looks to good to be true

Clio 182 RB
Saw this on fb....other than not physically seeing this seems to good to be true, I know it's a bit of a bgamble but surely this if as good as it seems I a solid investment with instant returns to any buyer, what am I missing?
Clio Williams link

Clio 182 RB
Screenshot_20191029_120239_com.facebook.katana.jpg

Clio 182 RB
Agreed lol, It could be worth me making a trip to Ireland I've got family there so even if it is a bag of I could make something of the trip.

Certainly wouldn't commit without seeing it!

It's a copy. But not a very good one.

The plaque shouldn't be there. The carpet should be blue. The centre of the steering wheel is wrong as it's from an older car, the car should have an air bag being a 1995 one. It's badged as a Williams but a 1995 / phase 2 car would be a Williams 2. The boot spoiler is colour coded, but I'm not sure if it's a Williams one.
The wheels should have a sliver lip on them iirc. The bumper strips etc should be black.
For £4k I'd find a better one.

182 clio
It's a copy. But not a very good one.

The plaque shouldn't be there. The carpet should be blue. The centre of the steering wheel is wrong as it's from an older car, the car should have an air bag being a 1995 one. It's badged as a Williams but a 1995 / phase 2 car would be a Williams 2. The boot spoiler is colour coded, but I'm not sure if it's a Williams one.
For £4k I'd find a better one.
It's registered as a 1.8 16v

DomP182

ClioSport Club Member
  ph1 172, Arctic182
Is proof reading too much to ask? Seat belts are Ebay blue rather than the darker Williams too.

DomP182

ClioSport Club Member
  ph1 172, Arctic182
I'd have either in a heart beat, it's only now I realise I should have kept my Valver which is why I think I will hold on to my 172 if it doesnt disintegrate in front of me

Clio 182 RB
I'd have either in a heart beat, it's only now I realise I should have kept my Valver which is why I think I will hold on to my 172 if it doesnt disintegrate in front of me
Same with my first R5 gtt, kept it for years mostly stored and sold it about 4 years ago after owning it for 11 years.