ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Those Protective Vinyl Wraps

Astra Twintop
Has anyone on here had the front end of their car essentially wrapped in sticky back plastic to prevent the stone chips marking the paint?

Experiences?

PH1 WANTED
Mate this stuff is brilliant have had it on three of my cars now and the only fault i found was when I had it on a White car it did start to discolour after a while. If I'd kept the carci would have taken it back though.

Astra Twintop
There's a lot of bumper on the new motor, and im considering a respray, and getting it protected after.

Websites?

Depends what you want am thinking of getting a bonnet bra, can remove or use it whenever you like. Where as vinyl is permanent.

Astra Twintop
Bonnet Bra's look absoultely awful, so that option hasn't been considered.

Im keeping the car for a few years, so I'd want a more permanent solution.

It's not completely permanent but the way I see it is, say carbon fibre vinyl its like big sticker. I want a bonnet bra as I do long motorway journeys to see family so I will just stick it on for that, then when at home remove it.

TimR26

South Central- West Berks
ClioSport Area Rep
I'm probably going to use Paintgard in Horndean to wrap my R26's bumper and bonnet. I've got a quote of £299 for it to be covered in 3M Ventureshield which has a lifetime warranty.

It depends how you look at it. With a paint guard system like 3M Venture Shield and the like, it can detract from the look of the paint work/car. If you're not fussed, it will save you £££ in resprays. But some people would rather a respray at a cost of £££ each year, rather than the protective cover costs of £££ every few years.

The R8 had some rear panels done due to the amount of stones it slings up from the rear tyres. But you can see where it starts and ends and IMO would detract from the overall appearance.

It also varies massively, a little bit like respray jobs. Some companies are the dogs and you wouldn't know it's there unless you looked closely. Others look s**t, quite frankly.

Gally

Formerly Mashed up egg in a cup
ClioSport Club Member
I hate them to be honest, they just leave the paint looking orange peely and when I detail I want to see an awesome finish not fricking vinyl.

I took mine off the front bumper of the FRP and the quarters.

I hate them to be honest, they just leave the paint looking orange peely and when I detail I want to see an awesome finish not fricking vinyl.

I took mine off the front bumper of the FRP and the quarters.

I agree, but I do no miles what-so-ever. If I was doing 15k a year, I would get it.

Gally

Formerly Mashed up egg in a cup
ClioSport Club Member
I just think they ruin the whole look of the car. I wouldn't even bother detailing a car with vinyle on the bonnet bumper, wings ect... it would be a waste of time.

My quarters need chip tape on them but not a piece the size of the car.